All notable changes to the "dashboard" extension will be documented in this file. It follows the Keep a Changelog recommendations.
- Fixed all css transitions firing on opening dashboard, triggered by a bug in the Chromium version used by VSCode 1.40.0.
- Fixed error on opening file/folder dialog on VSCode 1.40.0
- Cmd + click for opening in new window on Mac.
- Extension package is now significantly smaller.
- Dashboard settings are now correctly fetched without restarting.
- Project group name is now mandatory, as the group name is always displayed. So enforcing a name makes sense.
- Escape/Unfocus on entering group name now cancels the add/edit action instead of having an unnamed group.
- Support for Remote Development Projects.
- Added config for startup behaviour (always, empty workspace, never).
- Editing and rearranging projects groups directly on the dashboard.
- Option for storing projects in the User Settings (to be synced via Settings Sync).
- Setting for removing the big '+' button, but added a smaller one next to the project group name.
- Default option for color is now 'Random', as most people use colors. :-)
- Editing a project via UI now also prompts for editing its path.
- Reduced number of message from the extension.
- Temporary file for editing is now safely placed in the Global storage path. This also removed the need for the custom temp file location setting.
- Indicated Dashboard as "ui"-type extension, so that it works without installing if a remote workspace (SSH, WSL, Container) is opened in VSCode.
- Fixed some exceptions thrown when user cancelled any input (by pressing esc or unfocusing the window).
- Fixed a bug that made the dashboard not open automatically because of a hidden file of the Code Runner extension.
- Fixed issue that nothing shows on the dashboard, if a user updates from 1.2.0 to 1.4.0 with only an empty, unnamed project group.
- Support for gradient borders.
- Removed color input validation in order to support any color definition.
- Editing projects now correctly sets color.
- Editing functionality directly on Dashboard
- Reordering by drag & drop
- Edit button
- Delete button
- Setting for editing project temp file location
- Prefill project name from selected path
- When editing the dashboard manually, empty unnamed groups are removed after saving.
- Removed "Blank Page" icon of dashboard.
- Project Groups
- Color Customization Options in settings
- Detect if project is a Git repository. If so, display an icon.
- When adding a project, a project group has to be selected.
- Support for Multi-Root Workspaces
- When adding a project, a project type (folder or file/multi-workspace) has to be selected at first.
- Editing Projects now works under Linux (moved to another temp path)
First official release!
- Ctrl + F1 as default keybinding for Dashboard: Open command
- Add project button now works when no projects are in the dashboard
- Project name scales to fit card
- Long project paths are truncated (left)
- Ctrl + Click on project opens the project in a new window
- If project is already opened, an info message is shown
- When editing the projects file, the file is closed after save
- Add project button
- Clicking on newly added projects now works
- Extension information and icon
- Initial pre-release