Before using this application, please note that new insider preview builds (14279 or later) AND the Anniversery Update have rendered this program
obsolete Dead. Kaput. Steve Ballmered. Your best option at the moment is to simply wait, or upgrade as part of the Insider Program.
Windows 10 Login Screen Background Changer
- You can find us on ^Gitter if you need to talk to us.
Windows Insider Preview Builds:
While we can't guarantee it will work, it does seem to work on at least the following build(s):
- All of them so far except build 14279-14342. If you are on 14279 or later, please use the built in tool in the settings.
Windows 10 Anniversery Update
- Does Not Work
Windows 10 TH2 (Build 10856.11)
The project was founded by Krutonium, though he hasn't done much on it in a while;
The project has been completely overhauled and revamped by Toyz, much to Krutoniums' delight;
The project has been helped immesely by ethanhs and darth62969, since Krutonium and Toyz are busy and bug reports take time;
The project is happy to have anyone who joins add themselves here;
The project is alive ;)
- Very light colors makes the username and email hard to see. Be careful with lighter colors.
- Some antivirus programs detect this as a virus, so turn it off (temporarily) before you start this program!
- Requires Visual Studio 2015 Express for Desktop or better to open the .sln file.
In the event your login screen breaks, please fix it using this method and then report that it didn't work to us, along with the image you used, your computer specifications, and the version of the application. If you can also provide the broken .pri file, that will also be useful to us. Also any programs you have installed (like anti-virus, Stardock's ObjectDesktop, etc.) may be usefull. Thanks!
When You Experience Screen Flickers
Download Windows.UI.Logon.pri.bak.7z, extract the archive and put file
%WINDOWS%\SystemResources\Windows.UI.Logon. If the file exists, overwrite it.
Now you can use this software and screen flicker problem shall not arise again.