What is this?
This is a (modified) clone of the official Material Design palette generator. It does a couple things:
- Builds you a full color palette from a given hex color, based on Material Design standards
- Provides you with complementary colors based off your primary color
Why is this?
Google's official palette generator is embedded and buried deep within the Material docs. Since it's an inline tool, they also hid it from search engines, making it difficult to discover or bookmark.
To make it a little easier to use and to preserve it for our own documentation, we forked it and added some minor improvements. We did not change the way colors are derived.
The color output matches that produced in the Material Theme Editor for Sketch, so it's a good companion for that.
- Most of this is copyright Google Inc. If you do anything with their code, please maintain the licenses they indicate at the top of the large files.
- You can use any of our modifications without credit, except...
- Favicon image courtesy of Roundicons and pulled from flaticon.com. If you reuse it, please continue to credit the creator.