WARNING : No longer relevant with GitHub’s built-in side-by-side diff.
Octosplit is a lightweight Chrome extension and Firefox add-on that provides side by side diffs and word wrapping in GitHub.
Use Octosplit Enterprise extension with your private GitHub Enterprise instance
How to use
- Install the Octosplit Chrome extension or the Firefox add-on
- Just go on a diffs page on GitHub and check the new option :
What is changed
- Original file is in the left pane with deletions,
- New file is in the right pane with additions,
- The global size of working area is increased (relative to window size).
How to install for dev
- Clone the project
- Open Tools > Extensions menu in Chrome
- Enable developer mode
- Click on load the unpacked extension
- Select the path to your local copy of Octosplit
This POC is currently in the very earliest stages of development.