gopost is a tool to make posts to several social networks at once and also generates a web html snippet to embed in your (static) website.
The use cases are:
- Generate some HTML snippet (or markdown, or what ever) to embed it in a website (or for logging reasons), and
- To post to several social media services at once, either
- interactive with direct user input, or
- automatically when a new note is created on a (personal) website.
This is work in progress, currently Mastodon toots and file snippets are working.
gopost [options] < text2post > websnippet **gopost** takes the text to post from ```stdin``` and sends the websnippet to ```stdout```. (Error) messages are send to ```stderr```. -mastodon Post message to mastodon -note Output of message as microformat minimal note to stdout (default true) -test testing, no external call to social networks -twitter Post message to twitter -verbose verbose output
The following non standard Libraries are used:
On the first hand the idea was to have tool to post simple text messages to different social networks at once and also offer an export this message in a way to respect the principles of the IndieWeb. I also like the idea to have an universal tool without dependencies, that can be used as a frontend to post things, as well as having this integrated into a build process for (static) websites.
A list of improvements, going further than the todos in the source code.
- Sending Pictures
- not just sending simple messages (aka notes in IndieWeb terminology), but more complex messages respectively blog-posts. An abstract could be used to send as short notes to twitter and alike services.