Admins only for Kunena
This tutorial will show you to how to create administrators only for Kunena.
Important! Create a database backup before. There is no reset option in Joomla to undo it if incorrect permissions are set.
Step 1: Add New User Group
Backend -> Users -> Groups -> Add New Group
Step 2: Group Title
Now you'll see a new window User Group Details.
- Enter a Group Title
- Click Save & Close
The new Group has been created.
Step 3: Access Level
- Click on Viewing Access Levels
- Select Special
- Mark Kunena Admins & Save
Step 4: Add Users to the Group
- Go back to the user management
- Mark your desired users
- Use the Batch function
- Select the User Group Kunena Admins
- Click Process
Step 5: Permission Setting for this Group
- Global Configuration -> (Tab) Permissions
- Site Login - Allowed
- Administrator Login - Allowed
- Offline Access - Allowed
- Save & Close
Step 6: Permission Setting for Kunena
- Choose on the left Kunena Forum
- Select - (tab) Kunena Admins
- Access Administration Interface - Allowed
- Save & Close
- Go to Kunena Dashboard -> Options
- Also check this setting in the Dashboard
If everything was done correctly. then have Kunena Admins backend access but no access to Joomla features.
Kunena has no own user management. Kunena uses the user management of Joomla. Kunena and Joomla users are the same. If the Administrators delete users in Kunena are these users deleted also from Joomla.