|Copyright:||See Appendix B.|
|Manual group:||PKGBUILDer manual|
pkgbuilder [-hVcdvwSy] [-p PROTOCOL] [-isu] [PACKAGE [PACKAGE ...]]
PKGBUILDer is an AUR helper, i.e. an application which builds AUR packages. It can be used in conjunction with pacman (with a special script). It uses various techniques to automatize the process as much as possible.
Since version 2.1.0, PKGBUILDer provides modules that can be used in other scripts.
- -i, --info
- Displays info about PACKAGE in a fashion similar to pacman.
- -s, --search
- Searches the AUR for packages with PACKAGE as the query.
- -u, --sysupgrade
- Checks for package updates in the AUR. If updates are found, they will be installed if the user says so.
Additionally, parameters -S, --sync, -y and -refresh are accepted for pacman syntax compatibility. -S/--sync makes the script build its packages in /tmp instead of the current working directory (CWD).
- -c, --nocolors
- Forces the script to ignore the ANSI color codes.
- -d, --nodepcheck
- Skips dependency checks. It may (and, most likely, will) break makepkg.
- -v, --novalidation
- Skips package installation validation phase (checking if the package is installed).
- -w, --buildonly
- Skips package installation after building.
- -p PROTOCOL, --protocol PROTOCOL
- Chooses the protocol, http by default.
- -S, --sync
- Originally for pacman syntax compatibility, now makes the script more wrapper-friendly: builds packages in /tmp and uses aur instead of the category in search.
- -y, --refresh
- A dummy option for pacman syntax compatibility.
- pkgbuilder trashman
- Installs the package "trashman" from the AUR. It is being built in the CWD.
- pkgbuilder -S trashman
- Installs "trashman", but builds the package in /tmp-pkgbuilder-UID.
- pkgbuilder -Syu
- Checks for updates and offers installing them.
(Trashman is an XDG trash manager by Kwpolska.)
pacman(8), makepkg(8), PKGBUILD(5)
You can visit the git repo at <https://github.com/Kwpolska/pkgbuilder> for more info.