Appendix C. Changelog
|Info:||This is the changelog for PKGBUILDer.|
|Author:||Chris Warrick <email@example.com>|
|Copyright:||© 2011-2015, Chris Warrick.|
|License:||BSD (see /LICENSE or :doc:`Appendix B <LICENSE>`.)|
PKGBUILDer uses the following versioning schemes:
- 2.99.stage.revision (3.0.0 test versions)
1 is the first Perl version, 2 is the Python version (dropped for 3.0.0).
basic release number.
changes that aren’t important enough to be new minor versions.
GitHub holds releases, too
More information can be found on GitHub in the releases section.
- Various minor fixes.
- Don’t crash on new RPC fields
- Add PackageBaseID field (in AUR v3.0.0+1)
- PKGBUILDer is now compatible with AURv3. Note this is perliminary support, and as such, there might still be bugs.
- Downgrade listings have been fixed (Issue #31)
- Packages are now moved to /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ and installed from there (previously, they were copied and installed from /tmp)
- Fix packages being built when -i was issued (Issue #29)
- Fix some instances where PKGBUILDer would quit, even though it shouldn’t (as requested while running the main function — internal only)
- Modify downgrade messages to fit pacman more
- Update the translations
- Make setup.py work properly and have PKGBUILDer install.
- Fix AUR/HTTP exceptions reporting. (via Issue #28)
- Inexistent packages don’t crash badly anymore
- AUR-dependency-builds do not crash everything either
- -Syu can work without
- $CARCH is defined for dependency checks (Issue #28)
- Something went wrong last release, and it did not fix what it was supposed to…
- Fixed pkgbuilder -F (broken one version ago)
- AUR v2.3.0 compatiblity (fonts category)
- Added --userfetch.
- Added Vietnamese.
- Fixed a mess.
- Fixes to the safeupgrade; added Italian, Spanish and Turkish.
- Modified timestamp generation in the Package classes.
- A quick bugfix update.
- Added some magic to AUR dependency building.
A lot of tiny fixes.
Also known as release three point oh point **ell**, blame Consolas.
- A new major release, introducing many new wonderful features.
Testing git-only releases
- Package classes done.
- Exceptions 2.0 fully implemented.
- First four stages done.
- VerbosePkgLists, DS.run_command() and subsequent fixes to the latter
- Fixing a quite important bug in the install process
- 2013! Oh, and the revision number is 13, too!
- Fixes to the AUR v2.0 magic.
- AUR v2.0 support.
- And another issue that I have not noticed, in a tiny change of Update
behavior. Sorry for all those updates, but I do not do testing on
everything, just on stuff I think could break a lot (have you seen a bugfix
for the ABS build magic? I haven’t. Well, the validation fix was
partially related to the ABS magic, but it was detected during a run of
pb -Swith an inexistent package that I thought might exist. I actually revised all the changes that happened since 188.8.131.52 (a release without those bugs) and I think I’m done with everything now.
- A bug in the wrapper fixed. Sorry, but sometimes I forget to test certain things, and I forgot that the protocol choice in PBWrapper is implemented through a workaround. Also, fixed the installation validation behavior.
- Fixed some bugs that managed to slip through while working on 184.108.40.206.
- Added ABS support.
- Applying patches from vadmium/pkgbuilder, also adding a few other fixes and
pbversion number up to 0.2.0.
- A bugfix for package copying and installation (signatures were passed to
-U) broke the installation mechanism so only one package got installed. Also, fixing a bug with a STDIN that is not a terminal (eg.
xargs, and I hope nobody is using it to search for stuff)
- Fixed a bug where an error in makepkg while running an Upgrade crashed PB and thrown an unhelpful traceback.
- More tiny bugfixes.
- A release including the sample scripts, among other stuff. This is a release which now has all the functionality I want it to have. And it’s time to move onto a new project, the aurqt interface for the AUR. Or maybe something else? [Update from the future: it wasn’t all I wanted. Moreover, PKGBUILDer is a dependency of aurqt.]
- Some more bugfixes.
- Introducing a backwards-compatibility-breaking change of .utils.Utils.info()
- Quite a lot of changes.
- Fixes some bugs.
- The mature release, including downgrades, excluding mess.
- Bug fixes, thanks to fosskers (from aura, another AUR helper).
- Dropped the useless msgcodes, which made no sense at all.
- depcheck ignores empty deps now.
- little, unimportant fixes, for docs and locale and whatnot.
- Now divided into modules.
- Bugfix release, final release of 2.1.2 series.
- Test suite introduced. (unittests, nosetests were used in the very
- The big changes begin. Introducing requests.
- Tiny, unimportant bugfixes. Somehow, my version numbering broke, stuff went completely apeshit, and I do not understand it.
- Support for the new pyalpm.
- Fixed the license.
- Some little changes.
- Fixed AUR dep detection. (not released into git.)
- Some fixes for locale support.
- Locale support!
- Little changes and refinements.
- First OOP-based release. Including -Syu, BSD License, our own AUR class, documentation, module usage-friendliness.
- A prerelease build of 2.1.0. This one still works with the AUR class by Xyne.
- First release.
- A more advanced version, never released publicly, and I do not even have any backups. Nobody cares anyways.
- First and only release.