Appendix C. Changelog
|Info:||This is the changelog for PKGBUILDer.|
|Author:||Chris Warrick <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Copyright:||© 2011-2017, Chris Warrick.|
|License:||BSD (see /LICENSE or :doc:`Appendix B <LICENSE>`.)|
.. index:: CHANGELOG
PKGBUILDer uses the following versioning schemes:
- 2.99.stage.revision (3.0.0 test versions)
- 1 is the first Perl version, 2 is the Python version (dropped for 3.0.0).
- basic release number.
- sub-release number.
- changes that aren’t important enough to be new minor versions.
GitHub holds releases, too
More information can be found on GitHub in the releases section.
- Fix multiinfo glitch if there are no packages
- Split multiinfo requests into batches of 150, preventing crashes when the request URL becomes too large (Issue #53)
- use asp instead of abs/rsync
- remove some references to ABS
- Report missing packages in -F properly (via Issue #52)
- Fix #50 -- prevent infinite loop when building with -w, --buildonly (crashes early and explains why)
- Add an option to force chdir to a place before building (Issue #45)
--ignorefor upgrades (Issue #46)
stty size(Issue #47)
- Fix ABS package builds (Issue #48)
- Use new PyPI URL scheme in PKGBUILDer’s PKGBUILD
- Show help message for pb -Sh (Issue #44)
- Add support for AUR keywords (Issue #43)
- Fix dependency loop for split packages
- *AUR RPC v5 compatiblity * Pacman 5.0 compatiblity
- Fix “out of date” flag check
- Translate “Running transaction…” line correctly
- Pull existing git repos instead of cloning new ones or aborting (Issue #36)
- Display “skipping package” message when exceptions occur
- Support architecture-specific dependencies (Issue #37)
- Display a better message if some packages fail to build.
- Default to empty strings in Packages (Issue #35; thanks @mfussenegger)
- Fix duplicate --confirm argument in
- Support for config files!
- Change domain to aur.archlinux.org
- Add transactions framework — users can retry failed installs; less code duplication
- Add --noconfirm option
- Fix issue with git clones by adding explicit clone destination
--deepoption to create deep clones (especially useful for
- Update documentation (man pages, README)
- Support upgrade-fetch (
- Drop fancy-style upgrade messages (use pacman-style messages only, no matter what mode of operation was used)
gitto PKGBUILD dependencies
prepare_depsfor split PKGBUILDs (take all packages’ data, something makepkg actually does not do)
- Use RPCv4
- Use git clones instead of source tarballs (#34)
- Display Popularity field
- Delete Category field
.SRCINFO` files instead of running PKGBUILDs (via ``python-srcinfo)
- Don’t build split packages twice (happened in eg.
sudo truebefore attempting to move files so that
mvfailures don’t cause an infinite loop
--skippgpcheckoption (mirrors makepkg’s)
- API change: use one
__main__.pyfile instead of two different files
- API change: move some UI functions from
- API change: cd out of the directory in
- Fix AURv4 support (use URLPath)
- AURv4 compatibility and minor bugfixes.
- Pacman v4.2.0 compatibility.
- Various minor fixes.
- Don’t crash on new RPC fields
- Add PackageBaseID field (in AUR v3.0.0+1)
- PKGBUILDer is now compatible with AURv3. Note this is perliminary support, and as such, there might still be bugs.
- Downgrade listings have been fixed (Issue #31)
- Packages are now moved to /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ and installed from there (previously, they were copied and installed from /tmp)
- Fix packages being built when -i was issued (Issue #29)
- Fix some instances where PKGBUILDer would quit, even though it shouldn’t (as requested while running the main function — internal only)
- Modify downgrade messages to fit pacman more
- Update the translations
- Make setup.py work properly and have PKGBUILDer install.
- Fix AUR/HTTP exceptions reporting. (via Issue #28)
- Inexistent packages don’t crash badly anymore
- AUR-dependency-builds do not crash everything either
- -Syu can work without
- $CARCH is defined for dependency checks (Issue #28)
- Something went wrong last release, and it did not fix what it was supposed to…
- Fixed pkgbuilder -F (broken one version ago)
- AUR v2.3.0 compatiblity (fonts category)
- Added --userfetch.
- Added Vietnamese.
- Fixed a mess.
- Fixes to the safeupgrade; added Italian, Spanish and Turkish.
- Modified timestamp generation in the Package classes.
- A quick bugfix update.
- Added some magic to AUR dependency building.
A lot of tiny fixes.
Also known as release three point oh point **ell**, blame Consolas.
- A new major release, introducing many new wonderful features.
- Package classes done.
- Exceptions 2.0 fully implemented.
- First four stages done.
- VerbosePkgLists, DS.run_command() and subsequent fixes to the latter
- Fixing a quite important bug in the install process
- 2013! Oh, and the revision number is 13, too!
- Fixes to the AUR v2.0 magic.
- AUR v2.0 support.
- And another issue that I have not noticed, in a tiny change of Update
behavior. Sorry for all those updates, but I do not do testing on
everything, just on stuff I think could break a lot (have you seen a bugfix
for the ABS build magic? I haven’t. Well, the validation fix was
partially related to the ABS magic, but it was detected during a run of
pb -Swith an inexistent package that I thought might exist. I actually revised all the changes that happened since 126.96.36.199 (a release without those bugs) and I think I’m done with everything now.
- A bug in the wrapper fixed. Sorry, but sometimes I forget to test certain things, and I forgot that the protocol choice in PBWrapper is implemented through a workaround. Also, fixed the installation validation behavior.
- Fixed some bugs that managed to slip through while working on 188.8.131.52.
- Added ABS support.
- Applying patches from vadmium/pkgbuilder, also adding a few other fixes and
pbversion number up to 0.2.0.
- A bugfix for package copying and installation (signatures were passed to
-U) broke the installation mechanism so only one package got installed. Also, fixing a bug with a STDIN that is not a terminal (eg.
xargs, and I hope nobody is using it to search for stuff)
- Fixed a bug where an error in makepkg while running an Upgrade crashed PB and thrown an unhelpful traceback.
- More tiny bugfixes.
- A release including the sample scripts, among other stuff. This is a release which now has all the functionality I want it to have. And it’s time to move onto a new project, the aurqt interface for the AUR. Or maybe something else? [Update from the future: it wasn’t all I wanted. Moreover, PKGBUILDer is a dependency of aurqt.]
- Some more bugfixes.
- Introducing a backwards-compatibility-breaking change of .utils.Utils.info()
- Quite a lot of changes.
- Fixes some bugs.
- The mature release, including downgrades, excluding mess.
- Bug fixes, thanks to fosskers (from aura, another AUR helper).
- Dropped the useless msgcodes, which made no sense at all.
- depcheck ignores empty deps now.
- little, unimportant fixes, for docs and locale and whatnot.
- Now divided into modules.
- Bugfix release, final release of 2.1.2 series.
- Test suite introduced. (unittests, nosetests were used in the very
- The big changes begin. Introducing requests.
- Tiny, unimportant bugfixes. Somehow, my version numbering broke, stuff went completely apeshit, and I do not understand it.
- Support for the new pyalpm.
- Fixed the license.
- Some little changes.
- Fixed AUR dep detection. (not released into git.)
- Some fixes for locale support.
- Locale support!
- Little changes and refinements.
- First OOP-based release. Including -Syu, BSD License, our own AUR class, documentation, module usage-friendliness.
- A prerelease build of 2.1.0. This one still works with the AUR class by Xyne.
- First release.
- A more advanced version, never released publicly, and I do not even have any backups. Nobody cares anyways.
- First and only release.