Visit the current dev site here.
Online shop developed for a hampers company based in Australia.
- Ability to manage site content including adding products and manage stock
- Checkout/payment system
- Ability to customise shipping rates
I chose to build the site in WordPress with the WooCommerce platform as it made sense based on the client's requirements and also they were keen to get the site up and running as soon as possible before Christmas. This is the first online shop that I'd built so I chose to work with WooCommerce, a very well maintained WordPress plugin. It had all the functionality that the client needed and offered a means of secure payment and ordering processing.
What did I learn from this project?
- How to setup an online shop with WooCommerce and how to customise WooCommerce templates
- How to setup a PayPal sandbox to test payments and the end to end order process
- How to setup HTTPS in vagrant and how to self-issue a SSL certificate - leading to this cheat sheet