iMonthly is aimed at being a simple to use calendar month view for the iPhone SDK. This project will strive to meet the following goals.
- Similarity in look, feel, and functionailty with the default Apple Calendar app on the iPhone.
- Give the ability to load the calendar with Data through delegate callbacks, allowing the user to place a view in the calendar or provide indication that more data exists for the selected date.
- Provide an API for developers to configure and interact with the calnedar programatically.
- Provide a delegate for developers to respond to user events.
Along with trying to provide for the above goals, this will be my first venture into core-graphics drawing and core animation. I would like to try and learn a new portion of the iPhone SDK and figured an Open Source Calendar would be a good start since I have made one before.
- Learning Core-Graphics & Core-Animation
I should also point out that I do have a stake in the project as well. I plan on using it in one of my upcomming apps. This project will also be used to train myself on organization and project management.