What is riak_core_ng?
The 'ng' version of riak core is a modernized version of riak core, it is entirely build with rebar3 using hex packages for all dependences, with more modern versions of some libraries. 99.9% of all credit goes to basho, very little extra work has happened here! The aim is to keep this up to date with all changes pushed to riak_core proper.
Improvements and Additions
- R19 compatibility - This form works with R18 and R19 (lower versions should work but are not tested)
- AAE - this version includes the Active Anti Entropy code extracted from
riak_kvand provides a new behavior called
Riak Core is the distributed systems framework that forms the basis of how Riak distributes data and scales. More generally, it can be thought of as a toolkit for building distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant applications.
For some introductory reading on Riak Core (that’s not pure code), there’s an old but still valuable blog post on the Basho Blog that’s well worth your time.
We love community code, bug fixes, and other forms of contribution. We use GitHub Issues and Pull Requests for contributions to this and all other code. To get started:
Fork this repository.
Clone your fork or add the remote if you already have a clone of the repository.
Create a topic branch for your change.
Make your change and commit. Use a clear and descriptive commit message, spanning multiple lines if detailed explanation is needed.
Push to your fork of the repository and then send a pull request.
A Riak committer will review your patch and merge it into the main repository or send you feedback.
Issues, Questions, and Bugs
There are numerous ways to file issues or start conversations around something Core related
- The Riak Users List is the main place for all discussion around Riak.
- There is a Riak Core-specific mailing list for issues and questions that pertain to Core but not Riak.
- #riak on Freenode is a very active channel and can get you some real-time help if a lot of instances.
- If you've found a bug in Riak Core, file a clear, concise, explanatory issue against this repo.