LAFemTech // LA Tech Women is an evolving resource guide that will contain useful information for the local community. This is a community project and we welcome any positive input, contributions, or support! The goal is to be (agnostic) politically, socially, and technically, and focused on inclusion!
Lists to include
- Local Women's Tech and Coding Groups
- Non-profit organizations and resources
- Girls and Youth groups and parent resources
- STEM/STEAM based groups
- Startup-focused groups
- Hackathons, conferences, and other events
- Online Resources
Contributing to this page (existing contributors)
Open Terminal and clone this repository by running
git clone https://github.com/LATechWomen/lafemtech.github.io.git
Open the local directory
Create a local branch to make edits locally
git checkout -b <branchname>
To preview the website on your local machine:
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000Note You should have Python installed.
Go to your browser and open
After your edits are complete, push your local branch to Github and submit a pull request.
<add details here for forking repository (for non-contributors)
- Please add any suggestions on best practices or formats for maintaining or presenting groups or resources such as this via GitHub.
- LA Fem Tech is loosely based on and inspired by DC Fem Tech.