Data Awareness Digital Action Plan - Hackney Content
In preparation for GDPR, we asked:
How might we:
- ...equip our staff to fulfill their responsibilities to keep our resident and staff data safe, and to handle it lawfully.
- ...equip our decision makers to make decisions about data with an understanding of the law.
- ...support people working on behalf of Hackney who don’t have access to training budgets eg. foster carers.
- ...support people in our communities with data protection responsibilities that don’t have access to training eg. scout leaders.
- ...give other organisations the chance to use our content instead of spending their own time and effort on creating something similar.
We talked to several specialists agencies about how they could help, and selected Helpful Digital to work with us on development of the content.
You are free to use this content however you will find it useful. You might keep it in document form, but could also choose to move the content into your own Learning Management System. Another option is to use Helpful Digital’s Digital Action Plan platform with our content at a small cost - you can read more about this option at https://helpfuldigital.com/helping-teams-to-handle-personal-information-with-care.
- Content for people handling data is called ‘Beginner’ and marked 1-5.
- Content for people making decisions about data is called ‘Intermediate’ and is marked 1-5.
- There is also a final quiz for all levels of plan.
The documents can be downloaded in Word format (.docx) from the "docx" folder or the content can be viewed in the "docs" folder.
(The markdown documents were generated with Pandoc, for documentation visit https://pandoc.org/)