0.5.1 Release Highlights
(adapted from Conduit's Changelog)
- Added Node::parse() method, (C++, Python and Fortran) which supports common json and yaml parsing use cases without creating a generator instance.
- Use FOLDER target property to group targets for Visual Studio
- Added Node load(), and save() support to the C and Fortran APIs
- Node::load() and Node::save() now auto detect which protocol to use when protocol argument is an empty string
- Changed Node::load() and Node::save() default protocol value to empty (default now is to auto detect)
- Changed Python linking strategy to defer linking for our compiler modules
- Conduit Error Exception message strings now print cleaner (avoiding nesting doll string escaping headaches)
- Build system improvements to support conda-forge builds for Linux, macOS, and Windows
- Fixed install paths for CMake exported target files to follow standard CMake find_package() search conventions. Also perserved duplicate files to support old import path structure for this release.
- python: Fixed Node.set_external() to accept conduit nodes as well as numpy arrays
- Fixed dll install locations for Windows