This release is fully backward compatible but introduces new concepts.
Operators are introduced allowing the composition of features from one or many sources.
Feature selection without extraction is now possible via the new execution graphs introduced in this release.
Execution graphs are the recommended way to use Kosh going forward, as reflected in the updated notebooks.
New in this release
- Operators: Compose multiple features (and their transformers).
- Execution graph concept (select and compose features before executing).
- New Conduit's Sidre Mesh Blueprint field loader.
- In future versions (not 1.2) the
searchfunctions will return a generator (they are currently returning a list). In this version a warning is issued when you use the
- Multiple speed/caching optimizations.
- A cleanup function helps you clean your store from files that no longer exist.
- Cleaned up tables in documentation.
- Transformers get a
parentattribute, allowing you to access its caller in the
- In some case where a feature was available from the loader but not listed, Kosh would let the user access it. With this bug fix, the loader's
list_featuresmust be fixed first in order to access the feature. This bug affected groups in HDF5 files. Groups were not listed but still accessible, HDF5 loader now lists
groupsas actual features.
- If a loader needed matplotlib and no X connection was available the import of
matplotlib.pyplotwould lead to an uncatchable error. We now check for a valid backend first (via environment's