Clone this wiki locally
Announcement Nov. 2, 2010
LMT Version 3 of the Lustre Monitoring Tool (LMT) is now available.
This is a major release that hopefully will improve LMT usability. It has been tested with Lustre 1.8.3. A few highlights:
- New ltop that works directly with Cerebro and has an expanded display.
- Auto-configuration of MySQL database (lustre config is determied on the fly)
- Improved error handling and logging (configurable)
- New config file
- Code improvements for maintainability
For those upgrading from Version 2, the LMT schema has not changed, and the new monitor module is backwards compatible with the Version 2 metric modules. Upgrading consists of:
- Setting up the new /etc/lmt/lmt.conf config file on the LMT server
- Updating the lmt-server package on the LMT server and restarting cerebrod
- Updating the lmt-server-agent package on the Lustre servers and restarting cerebrod
Please refer to the Installation wiki page on the above gcode site, and direct any issues to email@example.com and/or the LMT gcode issue tracker.
See also: LMT3 slides