Pre-work - Your PA
Your PA is an android app that allows building a todo list and basic todo items management functionality including adding new items, editing and deleting an existing item.
Submitted by: Lakshmi Shankarrao
Time spent: 50 hours spent in total
The following required functionality is completed:
- [*] User can successfully add and remove items from the todo list
- [*] User can tap a todo item in the list and bring up an edit screen for the todo item and then have any changes to the text reflected in the todo list.
- [*] User can persist todo items and retrieve them properly on app restart
The following optional features are implemented:
- [*] Persist the todo items into SQLite instead of a text file
- [*] Improve style of the todo items in the list using a custom adapter
- [*] Add support for completion due dates for todo items (and display within listview item)
- Use a DialogFragment instead of new Activity for editing items
- [*] Add support for selecting the priority of each todo item (and display in listview item)
- [*] Tweak the style improving the UI / UX, play with colors, images or backgrounds
The following additional features are implemented:
- [*] Implemented the to-do items list using Recycler View instead of List View as Recycler View supports swipe delete, move items up and down features among others.
- [*] Tasks are displayed in the order that they are entered, pushing the "Finished" tasks to the end of the list.(Normal Order)
- [*] Supports Re-ordering of the tasks as per: 1. Priority, 2. Due-Date 3. Reset order back to Normal Order.
- [*] Reminder functionality. User will get Notifications for the task's completion at the set time. (Time Reminders)
- [*] Location-based Reminder functionality. User will get Notifications for the task's completion when he/she is around that place.
- [*] Display task completion status within the Recycler View Item.
- [*] Display the "SET/NOT-SET" status of Location-based Reminder and Time-based Reminder within the Recycler View Item. (Clicking on which will show details of the Reminder time and Reminder location respectively.)
- [*] Alert dialogue for Delete functionality.
Learning about Broadcast Receivers, Services was interesting. Dealing with Google APIs, handling threads involved in the geo-fencing functionality was time consuming but gave a good learning. Playing around with the UI interesting too.
Copyright [Lakshmi Shankarrao] Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.