This is a short script to convert the LiveRe comments to disqus-compatible Generic(WXR) format.
Go to LiveRe Admin, change the data start/end date, which generates a table with 10 comments per page.
- Right click the table on Chrome (or whatever browsers that do the work), click "Inspect".
- Find the "table" element in the material list.
- Right click on it and select "Copy -> Copy element".
- Create a new file naming
table_<page_number>.htmlin the "html_tables" folder.
- Repeat this for all the pages. Or use some crawler to finish this step.
Change the func_switch to 1 at the end of
migration_main.py. Run the code, and get the json file,
livere_comments.json. Check the whole file and make sure everything is good.
Change the func_switch to 2 at the end of
migration_main.py. Run the code, and get the Generic(WXR) file,
Go to Disqus Admin, import the file.
Check this video: https://youtu.be/qQ8i6cYhGzk
- My code does not deal with comment thread. Please implement it yourself if you need it.
- I prepended "【LiveRe】" to every comment. If you don't like it, remove at around Line 197 in "html_to_disqus_xml.py"
- No IP available at LiveRe, so I set the exported value as "127.0.0.2".
- No avartar available. But I think it is possible to add it.