- in version 6.1, we propose a new file by language:
validation-inline.php( see #1268 )
- in version 7, we propose new directory names to follow ISO-15897 ( see #1269 )
- in version 8, we propose new directory names to follow Php Intl ( see #1453 )
Install the Laravel-lang package to your Laravel project with composer using command from the table below based on the version of Laravel you are using:
|Laravel version||Composer command|
|Laravel 7-8 with Php Intl||
|Laravel 7.x and new directory names||
After adding the dependency using composer (as described above) to your application you can find the language files under the directory
Copy the folders (and JSON files) of languages that you want to use, into the directory
resources/lang of your Laravel application (or
app/lang in Laravel 4).
- Clone the GitHub repository : git clone https://github.com/Laravel-Lang/lang.git
- Or download the zip file
- Choose the branch:
laravel4for Laravel 4 project
masterfor Laravel 5, 6, 7, 8 projects
- Copy the folders of languages that you want, in
resources/langfolder of your Laravel application (or
app/langin Laravel 4).
Run this in your project directory:
# Laravel 5: svn export https://github.com/Laravel-Lang/lang/trunk/src/[language-code] resources/lang/[language-code] # Laravel 4: svn export https://github.com/Laravel-Lang/lang/branches/laravel4/[language-code] app/lang/[language-code]
[language-code] by any of the languages listed here.
Usage [Laravel only]
In the file config/app.php, change the value of locale by the short name of your language (app/config/app.php in Laravel 4).
Please see CONTRIBUTING for details.
Status of files
- Check the todo.md file to see the missing translations.
Projects based on this package
- LaravelLang by @arcanedev-maroc - Translations manager and checker for Laravel.
- Laravel-lang by @overtrue - Command to add languages in your project.
- Lang Publisher by @andrey-helldar - Easy installation and update of translation files for your project.