This repo is the 2021 edition of LeDataSciFi. The ledatascifi.github.io repo hosts the website, but simply redirects to the cover page for this repo. In future years, make a new years' website as a new repo by cloning this one (don't forget the GH action that deploys it!), and alter the redirect from the ledatascifi.github.io to the new website.
- Greatly simplified prior website structure - now everything is in one book, which can be ported from year to year with simpler updates. The only portion of class outside this repo is
- the org's has teams for discussion and many repos for assignments, etc
- coursesite to send out assignment links, Zoom links, and schedule office hours appointments from within the Lehigh "gates"
- the schedule and weekly tasks that are embedded in the dashboard page are an excel file on my computer
- Now using
jupyter-book0.8.3 instead of 0.6.4, which are incompatible.
- To build the book for local viewing (quicker dev cycles than waiting for website to refresh):
cd <>/ledatascifi-2021(this will move once this repo goes live and replaces the main ledatascifi.github.io repo)
- (Recommended) Remove the existing
jupyter-book build ./
- A fully-rendered HTML version of the book will be built in the
- To update website: Simply push or pull the main branch of the repo. A GitHub actions workflow (
.github/workflows/deploy.yml) automatically builds and pushes the book in the
gh-pagesbranch, and GitHub pages will update the website in <5 minutes.
- Book formatting is controlled by
_config.ymlfor most settings
_toc.ymllays out the book table of contents, ie the left nav bar
_static/*- any css or js I want to add to modify the base styling goes here
This project is created using the excellent open source Jupyter Book project and the executablebooks/cookiecutter-jupyter-book template.