Prism is a lightweight, robust, elegant syntax highlighting library. It's a spin-off project from Dabblet.
You can learn more on http://prismjs.com/.
Why another syntax highlighter?: http://lea.verou.me/2012/07/introducing-prism-an-awesome-new-syntax-highlighter/#more-1841
Prism depends on community contributions to expand and cover a wider array of use cases. If you like it, considering giving back by sending a pull request. Here are a few tips:
- Read the documentation. Prism was designed to be extensible.
- Do not edit prism.js, it’s just the version of Prism used by the Prism website and is built automatically. Limit your changes to the unminified files in the components/ folder. The minified files are also generated automatically.
- Currently the build system building prism.js and the minified files is just a bunch of local settings in CodeKit. If someone wants to help export them to a config file, please contact me by opening an issue.
- Please follow the code conventions used in the files already. For example, I use tabs for indentation and spaces for alignment. Opening braces are on the same line, closing braces on their own line regardless of construct. There is a space before the opening brace. etc etc.
- Please try to err towards more smaller PRs rather than few huge PRs. If a PR includes changes I want to merge and changes I don't, handling it becomes difficult.
- My time is very limited these days, so it might take a long time to review longer PRs (short ones are usually merged very quickly), especially those modifying the Prism Core. This doesn't mean your PR is rejected.
- If you contribute a new language definition, you will be responsible for handling bug reports about that language definition. Soon I plan to add usernames of project owners for themes, plugins and language definitions so this becomes more clear to users.
- If you add a new language definition, theme or plugin, you need to add it to
components.jsas well, so that it becomes available to the download build page.
Thank you so much for contributing!!