Shorty is LearnBoost's URL shortening/redirection service.
- Redis backed
- Super fast
- At production use on https://lrn.cc
- Uses express, jade, stylus. Easy to hack on!
- Realtime stats with socket.io
/ with the
url field to create.
- If a field is missing or incorrect, status
400is returned with a JSON body (
- If a problem saving the URL occurs, a status
- If the url is created, status
200is returned with JSON body (
- If the url already exists, same response as creation is returned.
To set the short URL to include in JSON responses set the env var
SHORTY_DOMAIN to your hostname (e.g.:
If not running redis on localhost, set
SHORTY_REDIS_HOST pointing to your redis instance.
$ curl -X POST -d "url=http://www.learnboost.com" https://lrn.cc/
(The MIT License)
Copyright (c) 2011 Guillermo Rauch <email@example.com>
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the 'Software'), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS', WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- Base6k library by Tantek Çelik
- Icon by David Renelt for non-commercial use (http://www.iconarchive.com/show/little-icon-people-icons-by-david-renelt.html)