Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- Assertion - A statement being declared (see Assertion Examples)
- Envelope - The resource data description document (see Envelope Example)
- Identity - Information about the source of the resource data (e.g., submitter, curator, owner, or signer).
- Learning Resource - Any (digital) resource that is designed for, or has been used, in an educational context.
- Metadata - Formally authored and curated information describing a learning resource. Also denoted first party metadata.
- Paradata - Information describing the contextual use of a learning resource. It includes informally authored information and data obtained directly through monitoring the use of a learning resource, its metadata or its paradata. Also denoted second party metadata. See Paradata in 20 Minutes or Less for more information.
- Payload - The resource data relative to the envelope describing it. It can be placed in the envelope "inline" or it can be "linked" to the envelope by a locator.
- Resource - See learning resource.
- Resource Data - Any data that describes a learning resource, including, but not limited to metadata and paradata.
- Resource Data Type - A label describing the type of resource the resource data describes. It is defined as an open (best practices) vocabulary ["metadata", "paradata", "resource", "assertion", ...]
- Sign - Adding an OpenPGP (RFC 4880) digital signature to a submitted document (metadata, paradata, etc.) to validate the authenticity of the submitter’s identity and the integrity of the document.
This glossary is based in part on a glossary found in the General Matter of the Learning Registry Specification.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.