Aristotle Metadata Registry Mono-repo
Introduction and mission statement
Aristotle-MDR is an open-source metadata registry as laid out by the requirements of the ISO/IEC 11179:2013 specification.
The Aristotle Metadata Registry represents a new way to manage and federate content built on and extending the principles of leading metadata registries. The code of Aristotle is completely open-source, building on the Django web framework and the mature model of the 11179 standard, allowing agencies to easily run their own metadata registries while also having the ability to extend the information model and tap into the permissions and roles of ISO 11179.
By allowing organisations to run their own independent registries they are able to expose authoritative metadata along with the governance processes behind its creation, and by building upon known and open systems agencies, can deliver a stable platform for the sharing of metadata.
The core of the Aristotle Metadata Registry is designed to conform to the models described within ISO/IEC 11179-3, However this mono-repo includes a number of standards-based extensions that provide additional functionality or new metadata types.
Screenshots for users
Information for developers
Aristotle-MDR is free open-source software and contributions are welcome on front-end web development, back-end server development, translation and content creation (such as more documentation). Review the wiki, open issues and existing documentation to get started.
If you are looking to contribute, a good place to start is checking out the open issues labeled "help wanted" or reviewing the documentation and wiki and identifying (and even adding) content that isn't there.
About the badges (plus some extras):
- - Travis-CI, showing the details of the continuous testing suite
- - Read the docs, with details on installing, configuring and extending Aristotle-MDR
- - Coveralls, showing in-depth code coverage
- - Codecov.io, showing even greater in-depth code coverage with branch coverage
- - A link to a live open-metadata registry
- - Gitter, a git-powered chat room for developers
- - Code Climate - additional code metrics
- - Web Content Accessibility Guidelines AA Compliant