Massive Tanks 1.0.2
Massive Tanks is a classic tanks game remade as an MMO. It's purely browser based on the client side, built with awesome Phaser framework. Server is written in Java with Atmosphere framework at it’s core for WebSocket communication.
Base of this project was created during a 10-hours long development tournament. After that event, we took our time to refactor the code and optimize it. Live demo is available (though on a very average server) under this URL.
frontend files are located in
src/main/webapp/client, while whole backend is placed in
Project can be build using two available profiles: development and production (all configured in pom.xml file).
files with pointers to minified versions. Development is meant for debug deployments and doesn’t perform any extra
operations beside standard build process.
To deploy the server on the embedded tomcat clone this repository, navigate to project’s root folder and issue
the following command:
mvn tomcat7:run -P production.
Game will be available at this URL:
- Atmosphere - framework for WebSocket communication,
- dyn4j - physics engine and collision detection for two dimensional world,
- Google Guice - dependency injection,
- Google Guava - all those little improvements,
- Jackson - mapping objects to JSON and the other way around. Required to send messages to clients,
- SLF4J + Logback - logging framework.
If you would like to contact us feel free to use firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail.