CryptoChart is a web application in which users can see recent price trend lines of different cryptocurrencies and compare them with a chart. Additionally, live updates occur when other users adds or removes a cryptocurrency.
- I can view a graph displaying the recent trend lines for each added cryptocurrency.
- I can add new cryptocurrencies by their symbol name.
- I can remove cryptocurrencies.
- I can see changes in real-time when any other user adds or removes a cryptocurrency.
Here's a walkthrough of implemented user stories:
GIF created with Giphy Capture.
- Alpha Vantage API
- Material UI
- In the root directory, create a .env file (or rename the env-sample file to .env) and place the following:
- PORT=PORT NUMBER FOR EXPRESS
- REDIS_HOST=LOCAL REDIS HOST IS: 127.0.0.1
- REDIS_PORT=LOCAL REDIS PORT IS: 6379
- REDIS_PASSWORD=LOCAL REDIS PASSWORD IS: PASSWORD
- ALPHA_VANTAGE_API_KEY=SIGN UP TO GET API KEY AT https://www.alphavantage.co/
redis-serverto start Redis.
- In another terminal, run
- Then run
- Navigate to
localhost:PORT NUMBER IN ENVin your browser.