This plugin helps with developing and debugging LibreOffice extensions/components from Eclipse.
Please visit the https://libreoffice.github.io/loeclipse/ for installation instructions and user documentation.
Only read further if you want to work on LOEclipse itself.
- Ubuntu: Install
- Windows: Install LibreOffice and the LibreOffice SDK from https://www.libreoffice.org/download
- macOS: No support for macOS currently (see bug #54)
Setup Eclipse for development
- Install Eclipse IDE for Eclipse Committers. The Eclipse IDE for Java Developers will not work.
- Clone this repository
- Import the three projects
java(using File->Import->General->Existing projects into workspace)
- Add the LibreOffice jars to the build path
- Go to Window->Preferences in Eclipse and open the Java->Build path->User Libraries configuration page.
- Add a new library named
- Select the Library, click Add External Jars
- Add the LibreOffice jars
unoil.jar juh.jar jurt.jar ridl.jar unoloader.jar. You find them here:
C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\LibreOffice 5\program\classes\
- Now there should be no more project errors.
- Go to Run->Run Configurations, and create a new run configuration of the type Eclipse Application. Now you can run or debug the LOEclipse plugin using this run configuration.
Join #libreoffice-dev on freenode to get in touch with LibreOffice and LOEclipse developers.
You can also write to the LibreOffice development mailing list if you have trouble working on this project.
After releasing a new version, we need to build the update site. To do that, run the following command in the
ant -Dlibreoffice.home=... -Declipse.home=...
libreoffice.home is the path to the LibreOffice installation and
eclipse.home the path to the eclipse installation (needs to contain a
plugins and a
You can also persist the options by setting the
ANT_ARGS variable to
Available build targets
ant help to see the available build targets.