Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo with APNs Push Notifications - iOS Client
This project contains an example of an application for iPhone and iPad that employs the Lightstreamer iOS Client library, with use of mobile push notifications (MPN).
A simpler version, without mobile push notifications support, is also available: Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - iOS Client.
This app, compatible with both iPhone and iPad, is an Objective-C version of the Stock-List Demos.
This app uses the iOS Client API for Lightstreamer to handle the communications with Lightstreamer Server. A simple user interface is implemented to display the real-time data received from Lightstreamer Server. Additionally, the user interface provides means to activate and deactivate mobile push notifications for specific stock quotes.
Binaries for the application are not provided, but it may be downloaded from the App Store at this address. The downloaded app will connect to Lightstreamer's online demo server.
A full Xcode project specification, ready for compilation of the app sources, is provided. Please recall that you need a valid iOS Developer Program membership to run or debug your app on a test device.
Before you can build this demo, you should complete this project with the Lighstreamer iOS Client library. Follow these steps:
- Drop into the
Lightstreamer client for iOS/libfolder of this project the Lightstreamer_iOS_client.a file from the
/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_ios/libof Lightstreamer distribution version 6.0 or greater.
- Drop into the
Lightstreamer client for iOS/includefolder of this project all the include files from the
/DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_ios/includeof Lightstreamer distribution version 6.0 or greater.
Done this, the project should compile with no errors.
Compile and Run
A full local deploy of this app requires a Lightstreamer Server 6.0 or greater installation with appropriate Mobile Push Notifications (MPN) module configuration. A detailed step by step guide for setting up the server and configuring the client is available in the README of the following project:
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - MPN Stock-List Demo Metadata - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - iOS Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo with GCM Push Notifications - Android Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - OS X Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Windows Phone Client
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Compatible with Lightstreamer iOS Client API version 1.4 to 1.4.3. Not yet compatible with Lightstreamer iOS Client API Unified version.
- For Lightstreamer Allegro (+ iOS Client API support), Presto, Vivace, version 6.0 or greater.