Lightstreamer - Portfolio Demo - HTML (Dojo Toolkit) Client
The Portfolio Demo simulates a portfolio management: it shows a list of stocks included in a portfolio and provide a simple order entry form. Changes to portfolio contents, as a result of new orders, are displayed on the page in real-time. In addition to that, the Full Version of the Portfolio Demo also shows, for each stock in the portfolio, the current price, updated in real-time from a market data feed.
Note. Real-Time simulated Portfolio data is received from the Lightstreamer Server deployed at http://push.lightstreamer.com.
- If the user inputs any value in the dgrid and an update for that rows arrives from the store, the user's value is overwritten.
- If the user inputs any value and then presses + (to buy) or - (to sell) immediately after, the quantity field appears still empty and the first click fails.
If you want to install a version of this demo, pointing to your local Lightstreamer Server instance, follow the steps below.
- The the Dojo Toolkit Portfolio Demo, needs both the PORTFOLIO_ADAPTER, from the Portfolio Demo, and the QUOTE_ADAPTER, from the Stock-List Demo (see Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter). As a prerequisite, the full version of the Lightstreamer - Portfolio Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please follow the instructions in Install the Portfolio Demo to install it.
- Download this project.
- Build a file to be named
lightstreamer_namespace.jswith the online generator and put it in the
srcfolder of the project.
Be sure to include the LightstreamerClient, Subscription, ConnectionSharing, and StatusWidget modules and to use the "Use AMD with namespaced names" version.
- Download the Dojo Toolkit and copy the
dojoxfolder from the package to the
srcfolder of the project. The demo requires the Dojo Toolkit v.1.8 or higher.
- Using the CommonJS Package Manager install dgrid, dijit, and lightstreamer-store in the
srcfolder of the project; dependencies for these packages will be automatically resolved by the cpm process:
> cpm install dgrid 0.3.8
> cpm install dijit
> cpm install lightstreamer-store
- Deploy this demo on the Lightstreamer Server (used as Web server) or in any external Web Server. If you choose the former:
- create the folders
<LS_HOME>/pages/DojoPortfolioand copy here the contents of the
/srcfolder of this project.
- The client demo configuration assumes that Lightstreamer Server, Lightstreamer Adapters, and this client are launched on the same machine. If you need to target a different Lightstreamer server, please edit
js/lsClient.jsand change accordingly the line:
var lsClient = new LightstreamerClient(protocolToUse+"//localhost:"+portToUse,"FULLPORTFOLIODEMO");
- create the folders
- Open your browser and point it to: http://localhost:8080/DojoPortfolio/portfolio.html
It is suggested to compress the dojo/dojox/dijit files in a single js source file to minimize startup times:
Head for the Dojo Web Builder and select the following packages:
Then click the "build" button and wait. Once the builder is done, a zip file will be dowloaded; copy the
files/folders from the archive in the
src/dojo foloder and reload the demo.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Client
- Lightstreamer - StockList Demo - Dojo Toolkit Client
- Lightstreamer - Portfolio Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Portfolio Demo - Flex Client
- LightstreamerStore for Dojo
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Compatible with Dojo Toolkit v.1.8 or newer.