Lightstreamer - Portfolio Demo - Flex Client
The Portfolio Demo simulate a portfolio management: it shows a list of stocks included in a portfolio and provide a simple order entry form. Changes to portfolio contents, as a result of new orders, are displayed on the page in real-time. In addition to that, the Full Version of the Portfolio Demo also shows, for each stock in the portfolio, the current price, updated in real-time from a market data feed.
Note. Real-Time simulated Portfolio data is received from the Lightstreamer Server deployed at http://push.lightstreamer.com.
This app uses the Flex Client API for Lightstreamer to handle the communications with Lightstreamer Server and uses the Flex DataGrid to display the real-time data.
The left table shows the automatic binding of a Lightstreamer data table configured to exploit "two-level push" with a Flex widget (a DataGrid). You can sort on any columns and drag the columns around.
Using the form to the right, you can buy or sell a stock. Clicking the "Random Orders" button, 20 random orders are placed in batch mode. Orders are placed through the LSClient.SendMessage method.
The DataGrid, below the orders form, mantains a list of executed orders and their statuses (PROCESSING, PROCESSED, ABORTED or ERROR). Such statuses are received by the demo code by listening for SendMessageAbortEvent, SendMessageErrorEvent, and SendMessageProcessedEvent events and then placed in an ArrayCollection that is, in turn, bound to the DataGrid.
This portfolio is shared among all the connected users, so you can connect to this demo from different machines (or try at least different browsers on the same machine), then submit orders from one browser and see the updates displayed on another browser. The same portfolio is also shared among the various versions of the demo (Flex and HTML).
- A VisualTable containing 1 item subscribed to in COMMAND mode. Each added row automatically provokes an underlying subscription to a sub-item in MERGE mode, to get the real-time price for that specific stock from another feed (the same as the Stock-List Demos). When a row is deleted, the underlying sub-item is automatically unsubscribed from.
If you want to install a version of this demo, pointing to your local Lightstreamer Server instance, follow the steps below.
- The Flex Client Portfolio Demo, needs both the PORTFOLIO_ADAPTER, from the Portfolio Demo, and the QUOTE_ADAPTER, from the Stock-List Demo (see Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter). As a prerequisite, the full version of the Lightstreamer - Portfolio Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please follow the instructions in Install the Portfolio Demo to install it.
- Get the
deploy.zipfile of the latest release, unzip it, and copy the
Flex4_PortfolioDemofolder into the
pagesfolder of your Lightstreamer Server installation.
- The client demo configuration assumes that Lightstreamer Server, Lightstreamer Adapters, and these clients are launched on the same machine. If you need to target a different Lightstreamer server, please edit the
index.htmlfile. The configuration lines for the hostname and port can be easily found at the beginning of the
index.htmlfile and can be modified manually, without the need for a recompilation. Then, to allow the page to get resources from a different server, the Web Server address has to be included in the
/crossdomain.xmlfile deployed under Lightstreamer Server. See the
<flex_crossdomain_enabled>element in the Server configuration file for details.
- Open your browser and go to http://localhost:8080/Flex4_PortfolioDemo.
To build your own version of
Flex4PortfolioDemo.swf, instead of using the one provided in the
deploy.zip file from the Install section above, follow the steps below.
- Download this project. This project includes the following sub-folders:
/srccontains the sources to build the Flex application (the code is based on Flex 4 SDK);
/libshould contain the Lightstreamer library, to be used for the build process.
- Download the latest
Lightstreamer_as_client.swclibrary file from the Lightstreamer Flex Client SDK resources into the
libfolder of the project.
swfobject.jsversion 2.2 file from SWFObject 2 copy it into the
libfolder of the project.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Client
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Compatible with Lightstreamer Flex Client API version 2.1 or newer.
- Ensure that Flax Client API is supported by Lightstreamer Server license configuration.