Lightstreamer - RSS News Demo - HTML Client
This project includes a simple web client front-end example for the Lightstreamer - RSS News Demo - Java Adapter.
The RSS News Reader Demo is a simple news aggregator that allows the user to subscribe to several RSS feeds and have the news pushed in real-time without refreshing the page or polling the server under the hood.
The demo includes the following client-side functionalities:
- A Subscription containing 1 item, subscribed to in DISTINCT mode feeding a DynaGrid containing the news.
- A Subscription containing 1 item, subscribed to in COMMAND mode feeding a DynaGrid containing the list of feeds currently subscribed to.
If you want to install a version of this demo pointing to your local Lightstreamer Server, follow these steps:
- Note that, as prerequisite, the Lightstreamer - RSS News Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please check out that project and follow the installation instructions provided with it.
- Launch Lightstreamer Server.
- Get the
lightstreamer.min.jsfile from npm or unpkg and put it in the
src/jsfolder of the demo (if that is the case, please create it). Alternatively, you can generate a customized lightstreamer.min.js library containing only the classes you actually use; see the build instructions on the GitHub page. In that case, be sure to include the LightstreamerClient, Subscription, DynaGrid, and ConnectionSharing, StatusWidget modules.
- Get the
require.jsfile form requirejs.org and put it in the
src/jsfolder of the demo.
You can deploy this demo to use the Lightstreamer server as Web server or in any external Web Server you are running.
If you choose the former case, please create the folders
<LS_HOME>/pages/demos/RSSDemo, then copy here the contents of the
src folder of this project.
The client demo configuration assumes that Lightstreamer Server, Lightstreamer Adapters, and this client are launched on the same machine. If you need to target a different Lightstreamer server, please search this line:
var lsClient = new LightstreamerClient(protocolToUse+"//localhost:"+portToUse,"RSSDEMO");
lsClient.js and change it accordingly. For example, if you want to target the adapter deployed in our online servers, you should substitute with this:
var lsClient = new LightstreamerClient(protocolToUse+"//push.lightstreamer.com","RSSDEMO");
The demo is now ready to be launched.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - RSS News Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters- Java Adapter
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes