Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - HTML (ASP.NET Ajax) Client
This project includes an integration demo of Lightstreamer and Ajax Control Toolkit for Microsoft ASP.NET.
The Ajax Toolkit DragPanel and CollapsiblePanel controls are also used in the demo.
You can drag the blue handles to reorder the list. Click on the stock names to open pop-up boxes showing the streaming charts.
The demo includes the following client-side functionalities:
- A Subscription for each of the eight stock quotes added to the update panel, subscribed to in MERGE mode feeding both a StaticGrid and, if opened, a Chart for the pop-up window.
Dig the code
The example is comprised of the following source code and image files:
.cs): the Web form of the demo.
StyleSheet.css: css file for the styles used in the demo.
web.config: web configuration file.
images/*: this folder contains image files.
App_Code/*: this folder contains source code for the xml data source.
App_Data/*: this folder contains the xml file.
To build your own version of the demo, instead of using the one provided in the Live Demo section above, consider that to recompile the provided source, you just need to create a project for a Web Application target, then include the source and include references to the Microsoft Ajax Toolkit binaries files. We have tested the demo with Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web.
Furthermore, before you can run the demo, some dependencies need to be solved:
- Get the
lightstreamer.jsfile from the latest Lightstreamer distribution and put it in the
/jsfolder of the demo. Alternatively, you can build a lightstreamer.js file from the online generator. In that case, be sure to include the LightstreamerClient, Subscription, StaticGrid, Chart, SimpleChartListener, ConnectionSharing, and StatusWidget modules and to use the "Use AMD" version.
- Get the
require.jsfile form the requirejs.org and put it in the
/jsfolder of the demo.
In order to test your demo with Visual Studio and the pre-installed IIS Express web server please follow this step:
- Note that, as prerequisite, the Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please check out that project and follow the installation instructions provided with it.
- Launch Lightstreamer Server.
- Recompile the Visual Studio solution of the demo (In Solution Explorer, right-click the name of the Web application project and then click recompile).
- Press CTRL+F5 to run the page. To display a page in the browser you can also right-click the page in Solution Explorer and select View in Browser (please note you can choose the prefered browser to test).
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by These Demo Clients
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters- Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - jQuery (jqGrid) Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Dojo Toolkit Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Java SE (Swing) Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - .NET Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - Flex Clients
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes