Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - BlackBerry (AIR) Client
This demo shows how to use the Lightstreamer Flex Client library and the BlackBerry 10 SDK for Adobe AIR to create a simple streaming-enabled application.
Real-Time simulated Stock-List data is received from the Lightstreamer Server deployed @ http://push.lightstreamer.com
There are different ways to compile and run an AIR application for BlackBerry 10. This README will focus on the use of the command line tools. Feel free to check the other possibilities
Prepare the BlackBerry 10 environment as described on their documentation site. Namely:
- Download and install the Adobe Flex SDK 4.5 or later.
- Download and install the BlackBerry 10 SDK for Adobe AIR
- Download and install VMware Player for Windows or VMware Fusion for Mac.
- Download and install the BlackBerry 10 Simulator
Keep track of the location of the BlackBerry 10 SDK for Adobe AIR as it will be needed soon.
Download the Lightstreamer distribution and copy the
Lightstreamer_as_client.swc file from the Lightstreamer Flex Client SDK (that is located under the
DOCS-SDKs/sdk_client_flex/lib folder) into the
lib folder of this project.
Being $BB the folder where your BlackBerry 10 SDK for Adobe AIR was installed, run
$BB/bin/amxmlc -library-path+=lib/Lightstreamer_as_client.swc -source-path=src -output=StockListDemo.swf -- src/stocklistdemo/StockListDemo.as
StockListDemo.swf file will be created containing your air application
Package and Run
Start the BlackBerry 10 Simulator and take note of the IP address (check the bottom-left of the window the simulator is in)
Being $BB the folder where your BlackBerry 10 SDK for Adobe AIR was installed and $IP the IP address of the simulator, run
$BB/bin/blackberry-airpackager -package StockListDemo.bar -installApp -launchApp -device $IP -forceAirVersion 3.1 -ane $BB\frameworks\libs\qnx\ane\QNXSkins.ane StockListDemo-app.xml bar-descriptor.xml StockListDemo.swf icon_image.png logo.png
StockListDemo.bar file will be created and deployed on the simulator. Note that the application will also be automatically launched.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapter- Java Adapter
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Compatible with Lightstreamer Flex Client library version 2.1 or newer.
- Ensure that Flex Client API is supported by Lightstreamer Server license configuration.