Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - BlackBerry (Android Runtime) Client
This project contains a simple stocklist demo application showing integration between the BlackBerry 10 Android Runtime and the Lightstreamer Android Client.
This demo reuses the sources of the Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Android Client and thus, this project has no sources nor resources excluding this README file.
Real-Time simulated Stock-List data is received from the Lightstreamer Server deployed @ http://push.lightstreamer.com
There are different ways to compile and convert an Android application to run on BlackBerry 10. This README will focus on the use of the command line tools. Feel free to check the other possibilities
- Download and install the Command-line tools for Android apps (scroll down a little to find them)
- Download and install VMware Player for Windows or VMware Fusion for Mac.
- Download and install the BlackBerry 10 Simulator
- Obtain the apk file for Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Android Client and copy it into this project.
Once ready, position the command-line to this project folder.
Being $BB_HOME the folder where you installed the command line tools and $ANDROID_HOME the folder where your Android SDK installation is, run
$BB_HOME/bin/apk2bar Android_StockListDemo_Basic.apk $ANDROID_HOME
Android_StockListDemo_Basic.bar file will be generated contained the re-packaged app. You'll also find a
Android_StockListDemo_Basic.wrn file containing the conversion log.
Run the Demo
Start the BlackBerry 10 Simulator and take note of the IP address (check the bottom-left of the window the simulator is in)
Being $BB_HOME the folder where you installed the command line tools and $IP the IP address of the simulator, run
$BB_HOME/bin/blackberry-deploy -installApp $IP Android_StockListDemo_Basic.bar
The app icon will appear on the simulator home screen.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters - Java Adapter
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Compatible with Lightstreamer Android Client library version 1.0.2.