Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - BlackBerry (WebWorks) Client
Real-Time simulated Stock-List data is received from the Lightstreamer Server deployed @ http://push.lightstreamer.com
There are different ways to convert an Html application to run on BlackBerry 10. This README will focus on the use of the command line tools. Feel free to check the other possibilities
- Download and install the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK (scroll down a little to find them)
- Download and install VMware Player for Windows or VMware Fusion for Mac.
- Download and install the BlackBerry 10 Simulator
- Get the
lightstreamer.min.jsfile from npm or unpkg and copy it into the
stocklist/libfolder of this project.
- Download the require.js file and copy it into the stocklist/lib folder of this project.
Once ready, position the command-line to this project folder.
Being $BB_HOME the folder where you installed the WebWorks SDK, run
$BB_HOME/bbwp stocklist -o output
An output folder will be created containing the results of the packaging; there will be two bar files, one to be used with the simulator, the other to be used with actual devices.
Run the Demo
Start the BlackBerry 10 Simulator and take note of the IP address (check the bottom-left of the window the simulator is in)
Being $BB_HOME the folder where you installed the the WebWorks SDK and $IP the IP address of the simulator, run
$BB_HOME/dependencies/tools/bin/blackberry-deploy -installApp $IP output/simulator/stocklist.bar
The app icon will appear on the simulator home screen.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters - Java Adapter
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes