Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - iOS Client
This project contains an example of an application for iPhone and iPad that employs the Lightstreamer iOS Client library.
A version with full support for mobile push notifications (MPN) is also available: Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo with APNs Push Notifications - iOS Client.
This app, compatible with both iPhone and iPad, is an Objective-C version of the Stock-List Demos.
This app uses the iOS Client API for Lightstreamer to handle the communications with Lightstreamer Server. A simple user interface is implemented to display the real-time data received from Lightstreamer Server.
Binaries for the application are not provided, but it may be downloaded from the App Store at this address. The downloaded app will connect to Lightstreamer's online demo server.
A full Xcode project specification, ready for compilation of the app sources, is provided. Please recall that you need a valid iOS Developer Program membership to run or debug your app on a test device.
Before you can build this demo, you need to install CocoaPods to handle the project dependency on the Lightstreamer iOS client library. Follow these steps:
- open a terminal and run the following command:
$ sudo gem install cocoapods
cdinto the directory where you downloaded this project and run the following command:
$ pod install
- CocoaPods should now resolve the dependency on the Lightstreamer iOS client library and prepare a workspace for you.
Done this, open the workspace with Xcode and it should compile with no errors. In case of errors during dependency resolution, you can find more information on CocoaPods official website.
Compile and Run
- Create an app ID on the Apple Developer Center.
- Create and install an appropriate provisioning profile for the app ID above and your test device, on the Apple Developer Center.
- Set the app ID above as the Bundle Identifier of the Xcode project of the app.
- Set the IP address of your local Lightstreamer Server in the constant
PUSH_SERVER_URL, defined in
Shared/Constants.h; a ":port" part can also be added.
- Follow the installation instructions for the Data and Metadata adapters required by the demo, detailed in the Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter project.
Done this, the app should run correctly on your test device and connect to your server.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters- Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo with APNs Push Notifications - iOS Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Android Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - OS X Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Windows Phone Client
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Compatible with Lightstreamer iOS Client Library version 2.0.0-a1 or newer.
- For Lightstreamer Allegro (+ iOS Client API support), Presto, Vivace.
- For a version of this example compatible with Lightstreamer iOS Client API version 1.x, please refer to this tag.