Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - HTML (jQuery, jqGrid) Client
This demo displays real-time market data for ten stocks, generated by a feed simulator in a similar way to the Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - HTML Client.
A Lightstreamer Subscription is used for subscribing to the data. The onItemUpdate callback implementation acts as a bridge between Lightstreamer and jqGrid, by injecting the real-time updates through the setRowData function.
Click on the Name column header to resort the stocks in the table.
The demo includes the following client-side functionalities:
- A Subscription containing 10 items, subscribed to in MERGE mode.
If you want to install a version of this demo pointing to your local Lightstreamer Server, follow these steps:
- Note that, as prerequisite, the Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please check out that project and follow the installation instructions provided with it.
- Launch Lightstreamer Server.
- Get the
lightstreamer.min.jsfile from npm or unpkg and put it in the
src/jsfolder of the demo (if that is the case, please create it). Alternatively, you can generate a customized lightstreamer.min.js library containing only the classes you actually use; see the build instructions on the GitHub page. In that case, be sure to include the LightstreamerClient, Subscription, ConnectionSharing, and StatusWidget modules.
- Get the
require.jsfile form requirejs.org and put it in the
src/jsfolder of the demo.
- To use jqGrid, first, a UI theme css file should be loaded. Download the desired theme (or build a custom one) from jQueryUI site, get from the zip file the
src/imagesfolder, and put them in
src/cssfolder of the project.
- Download the jqGrid package from the site section downloads. Get the i18n folder and
query-1.9.0.min.jsfiles and copy them in
src/jsfolder of this project. Then get the
ui.jqgrid.cssfile and copy it in
src/cssfolder of this project.
You can deploy the demo to use the Lightstreamer server as Web server or in any external Web Server you are running.
If you choose the former case, please create the folders
<LS_HOME>/pages/demos/[demo_name] then copy here the contents of the
src folder of this project.
The client demos configuration assumes that Lightstreamer Server, Lightstreamer Adapters, and this client are launched on the same machine. If you need to target a different Lightstreamer server, please search this line:
var lsClient = new LightstreamerClient(protocolToUse+"//localhost:"+portToUse,"DEMO");
lsClient.js and change it accordingly.
The demo is now ready to be launched.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters- Java Adapter
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes