Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Node.js Client
This project includes a demo client showing integration between Lightstreamer Node.js Client Library and the Node.js platform.
The example provides a very simple version of the Stock-List Demos, in which only 3 items are subscribed and only the "stock_name" and "last_price" fields are retrieved. The update values are printed on the console.
If you want to install a version of this demo pointing to your local Lightstreamer Server, follow these steps. In particular, this readme file details the steps required to execute the demo calling the node executable from the command line.
- Note that, as prerequisite, the Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please check out that project and follow the installation instructions provided with it.
- Launch Lightstreamer Server.
- Go to http://nodejs.org/ or use the package manager of your OS to download and install the appropriate Node.js server on your system.
- Get the
lightstreamer-client-nodepackage using npm
npm install lightstreamer-client-nodeor from the root folder of this project simply run
You can now run the included example. From the root folder of this project run
The application is configured to connect to http://localhost:8080. You can modify
src/index.js to connect to the correct host:port of your Lightstreamer server.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by this Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters- Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - jQuery (jqGrid) Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Dojo Toolkit Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Java SE (Swing) Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - .NET Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - Flex Clients
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes