Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - macOS Client
This project contains an example of an application for Mac that employs the Lightstreamer Swift Client library.
(download "StockList Demo for OS X-uni.app.zip"; unzip it; launch "StockList Demo for macOS")
This app, compatible with macOS, is a Swift version of the Stock-List Demos.
This app uses the Swift Client API for Lightstreamer to handle the communications with Lightstreamer Server. A simple user interface is implemented to display the real-time data received from Lightstreamer Server.
If you want to install a version of this demo pointing to your local Lightstreamer Server, follow these steps:
- Note that, as prerequisite, the Lightstreamer - Stock- List Demo - Java Adapter has to be deployed on your local Lightstreamer Server instance. Please check out that project and follow the installation instructions provided with it.
- Launch Lightstreamer Server.
- Download the
deploy.zipfile, which you can find in the deploy release of this project and extract the
StockList Demo for macOS.appfolder.
- Launch "StockList Demo for macOS". The Gatekeeper may signal the app is not signed. You can safely run the app or rebuild it with the included Xcode project.
To build your own version of the demo, instead of using the one provided in the
deploy.zip file from the Install section above, open the project with Xcode and it should compile with no errors.
With the current settings, the demo tries to connect to the demo server currently running on Lightstreamer website.
The demo can be reconfigured and recompiled to connect to the local installation of Lightstreamer Server. You just have to change SERVER_URL, as defined in
StockList Demo for macOS/StockListWindowController.swift; a ":port" part can also be added.
The example requires that the QUOTE_ADAPTER has to be deployed in your local Lightstreamer server instance;
the LiteralBasedProvider is also needed, but it is already provided by Lightstreamer server.
Lightstreamer Adapters Needed by This Demo Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Reusable Metadata Adapters- Java Adapter
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - HTML Clients
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - iOS Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - jQuery (jqGrid) Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demo - Dojo Toolkit Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Java SE (Swing) Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - .NET Client
- Lightstreamer - Stock-List Demos - Flex Clients
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Silverlight Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Android Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List Demo - Windows Phone Client
- Lightstreamer - Basic Stock-List and Round-Trip Demo - BlackBerry Client
Lightstreamer Compatibility Notes
- Code compatible with Lightstreamer Swift Client Library version 5.0.0 or newer.
- Build instructions compatible with Lightstreamer Swift Client SDK version 5.0.0 or newer.
- For Lightstreamer Server version 7.0 or greater. Ensure that macOS Client SDK is supported by Lightstreamer Server license configuration.
- For a version of this example compatible with Lightstreamer macOS Client SDK versions up to 4, please refer to this tag.