Sophisticated online survey software
Limesurvey is the number one open-source survey software.
Advanced features like branching and multiple question types make it a valuable partner for survey-creation.
See our Administration Demo. The credentials are prefilled, just click Log in
Or try taking one of our test surveys
How to install
We release early and often. The latest stable release version is available for download at https://community.limesurvey.org/downloads/ We recommend using those.
You may want to use the plain repository, which is also possible.
Please be advised, that we sometimes push development versions into the repository, which may not be working correctly.
The absolute minimal requirements are:
- Apache >= 2.4 | nginx >= 1.1 | any other php-ready webserver
- php >= 5.4
- with mbstring and pdo-database drivers
- mysql >= 5.5.9 | pgsql >= 9 | mariadb >= 5.5 | mssql >= 2005
We recommend the following setup
- Web server: nginx (most recent stable version)
- PHP (most recent stable version)
- with php-fpm, mbstring, gd2 with freetype, imap, ldap, zip, zlib and database drivers
- MariaDB or MySQL (most recent stable version)
LimeSurvey software is licensed under the GPL 2.0, or at your choice any later version of the license.
Pictures and the LimeSurvey Logo are registered trademarks of LimeSurvey GmbH, Hamburg, Germany.
We are using BrowserStack to run manual tests on different browsers and devices
We are using Scrutinizer to static check our code
We are using TravisCI to run automated tests before release: