996.ICU refers to "Work by '996', sick in ICU", an ironic saying among Chinese programmers, which means that by following the "996" work schedule, you are risking yourself getting into the ICU (Intensive Care Unit).
If you want to reference 996.ICU badge, read What can I do? as follows.
Repo for counting stars and contributing. Press F to pay your respects to honorable developers.
What is 996?
A "996" work schedule refers to an unofficial work schedule (9 a.m. ~ 9 p.m., 6 days per week) that has been gaining in popularity. Serving a company that encourages the "996" work schedule usually means working for at least 60 hours per week.
“996”工作制，指的是一种越来越流行的非官方工作制（早上 9 点 ~ 晚上 9 点，每周 6 天）。在一个实行“996”工作制的公司工作就意味着每周至少要工作 60 个小时。
What can I do?
- Update this list with evidence to help every worker.
- Add this badge to your project to support 996.ICU.
- License your awesome projects with the 996ICU License.
- Add proposals to give advise and suggestion about the development of 996.ICU.
Principles and purposes
996.ICU is an initiative initiated by IT practitioners. We welcome people from other fields and other countries to join the discussion.
This is not a political movement. We firmly uphold the labor law and require employers to respect the legitimate rights and interests of their employees.
It is a great progress from closed source to open source, and it will also be a great progress from open source to emphasize labor rights at the same time. What we want is to create an open source software license that advocates for workers' rights.
We are willing to hear all positive and constructive proposals and advocate for mature and responsible speech.
We are working on the drafting of Anti-996 License right now and we hope to get help from professionals with relevant experience.
996.ICU 是 IT 从业者发起的一项倡议，我们欢迎其他领域、其他国家的人士加入讨论。
目前反 996 许可证还处于起草阶段，希望有相关经验的专业人士能给予帮助。
A proposal is a document accepted by 996.ICU.
Typically, a proposal should give a solution or suggestion about the development of the project and community.
For more details, you can read the proposal template document.
To help the development of 996.ICU, you can do several things base on proposals.
- Read the accepted proposals and try to improve them.
- Take actions according to the accepted proposals.
- Give your own proposals with a PR following the proposal format.
Translations of 996.ICU's contents, feel free to adjust the format, add some contents or fix grammatical errors. Please note that adding too many translations is getting off the track.
955.WLB is a repo that maintains a whitelist of 955 work–life balanced companies. It promotes people to flee 996 and join 955.
996.LAW is a repo that collects useful information about cases between employees and enterprise.
996.TSC is a repo designed to let more people know and join the activity of 996.ICU.
996.LIST is a repo of a rank list of 996 companies and 955 companies.
955.WLB 996.ICU 的相向 Repo，旨在让更多的人逃离 996，加入 955 的行列。
Where are the issues?
Even with interaction limits on, the issues area was totally out of control. So I personally decided to switch it off, not by GitHub or others.
即使有互动限制，issues 区依然完全失去了控制。 因此我个人决定关闭 issues，这与 GitHub 或其他方面无关。
- The purpose of this license is to prevent anti-labour-law companies from using the software or codes under the license, and force those companies to balance their work
- See a full list of projects under Anti-996 License
- It is an idea of @xushunke: Design A Software License Of Labor Protection -- 996ICU License
- This version of Anti-996 License is drafted by Katt Gu, J.D, University of Illinois, College of Law; advised by Suji Yan, CEO of Dimension.
- This draft is adapted from the MIT license. For more detailed explanation, please see Wiki. This license is designed to be compatible with all major open source licenses.
- For law professionals or anyone who is willing to contribute to further version directly, please go to Anti-996-License-1.0. Thank you.
- 在此处查看反 996 许可证下的完整项目列表
- 此许可证的灵感来源于 @xushunke：Design A Software License Of Labor Protection -- 996ICU License
- 当前版本反 996 许可证由 伊利诺伊大学法学院的 Katt Gu, J.D 起草；由 Dimension 的首席执行官 Suji Yan 提供建议。
- 该草案改编自 MIT 许可证，如需更多信息请查看 Wiki。此许可证旨在与所有主流开源许可证兼容。
- 如果你是法律专业人士，或是任何愿意为未来版本做出直接贡献的人，请访问 Anti-996-License-1.0。感谢你的帮助。