Linux Kernel Functional Testing (LKFT) Changelog
This log is a high level overview of changes in the LKFT environment and infrastructure.
- 2019-01-28: LTP upgraded to 20190115
- 2019-01-24: LTP "mm" tests added to LKFT (75 tests)
- 2019-01-23: Upgraded kselftest that is run against all stable kernels to 4.20.
- 2019-01-11: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.60
- 2019-01-09: Changed arm32 qemu jobs to use KVM, hosted on a SynQuacer
- 2019-01-07: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.59
- 2019-01-03: Added v4.20 stable branch
- 2019-01-02: Moved LKFT OpenEmbedded build to its own meta layer meta-lkft
- 2018-12-18: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.58
- 2018-12-13: Added LTP cpuhotplug tests
- 2018-12-12: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.56
- 2018-12-11: Changed arm64 qemu jobs to use KVM, hosted on a SynQuacer
- 2018-12-04: Dropped 4.18 per upstream announcement
- 2018-12-03: Upgrade gcc from Linaro's gcc version 7.1.1 20170707 (Linaro GCC 7.1-2017.08) to upstream's gcc version 7.3.0, for retpoline support.
- 2018-11-29: Added spectre-meltdown-checker to LKFT, to provide mitigation status to complement our test results from LTP CVE.
- 2018-11-26: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.55
- 2018-11-19: LTP upgraded to 20180926 release.
- 2018-11-05: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.54
- 2018-10-30: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.53
- 2018-10-22: Added 4.19 kernel branch, and upgraded that kselftest that is run against all stable kernels to 4.19.
- 2018-10-04: "Fixes" are now listed in all email reports
- 2018-10-02: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.51
- 2018-09-06: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.50
- 2018-09-03: Added i386 support and announced on -stable
- 2018-09-04: Dropped 4.17 per upstream announcement
- 2018-08-14: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.49
- 2018-08-14: Added 4.18, and upgraded the kselftest that is run against all stable kernels to 4.18
- 2018-08-14: Added build for 'intel-corei7-64'.
- 2018-08-01: Added fast 'sanity' test for all trees in LKFT. These can be seen at qa-reports.l.o/lkft, and provide a reliable and quick check for each tree. These run in addition to the full set of tests for each push to each tree.
- 2018-08-01: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.48
- 2018-07-24: Added Linux build status using Clang to lkft.linaro.org homepage
- 2018-07-19: OpenEmbedded build moved from Morty to Rocko
- 2018-07-16: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.47
- 2018-07-06: LTP Open Posix tests added to LKFT on all branches
- 2018-07-05: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.46
- 2018-07-04: Dropped 4.16 per upstream announcement
- 2018-06-13: Upgrade kselftest version that's run against all stable kernels to 4.17
- 2018-06-11: Add 4.17 kernel branch
- 2018-06-01: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.45
- 2018-05-30: LTP upgraded to 20180515 release.
- 2018-05-25: LTP CVE tests added to LKFT.
- 2018-05-16: QEMU upgraded to 2.12.0, solving performance issues seen on arm64 and especially arm32.
- 2018-05-14: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.44
- 2018-05-07: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.43
- 2018-04-27: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.42
- 2018-04-25: Dropped 4.15 per upstream announcement
- 2018-04-23: qa-reports migrated to high-availability architecture
- 2018-04-20: Dropped non-RC stable trees from LKFT. The RC branches already receive every release, so tracking the stable branch separately was duplicative.
- 2018-04-19: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.41
- 2018-04-18: Enabled QEMU arm64 and QEMU arm32 environments
- 2018-04-18: kselftest version that is run against all stable branches updated from 4.15 to 4.16.
- 2018-04-06: Enabled 4.16 stable branch
- 2018-03-16: Added additional kselftest runs using vsyscall modes 'native' and 'none' (the default is mode 'emulate').
- 2018-03-16: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.40
- 2018-03-09: Kselftest skipfile is now using a single YAML file
- 2018-03-02: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.39
- 2018-03-02: QEMU x86_64 added to lkft
- 2018-03-02: DragonBoard 410c added to lkft
- 2018-02-23: qa-reports upgraded to SQUAD 0.38. See https://github.com/Linaro/squad/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#038
- 2018-02-16: LTP upgraded to 20180118
- 2018-02-16: QEMU jobs in staging for arm64 and x86-64
- 2018-02-09: kselftest version that is run against all stable branches updated from 4.14 to 4.15.
- 2018-02-02: qa-reports updated to include full and per-test logs
- 2018-02-02: LTP skipfile now using a single YAML file
- 2018-02-02: 4.15 is now building and testing
- 2018-02-02: Android projects moved to /lkft-android/
- 2018-01-19: Juno boards changed to use SSD drives over SATA, rather than USB thumbdrives for temporary storage when running LTP. This should reduce false failures on I/O related tests.
- 2018-01-12: LKFT LAVA upgraded to Debian Stretch and LAVA 2018.01.
- 2018-01-05: x86 environments now running LTP on local disk instead of NFS. All NFS-related skips have been re-enabled.
- 2018-01-05: b2260 board added to staging environment.