A scarf of magic
- Arduino Lilypad Simple Board
- LilyPad FTDI Basic
- Conductive thread
- Sewing needles
- 110mAh LiPo battery
- USB mini-B cable
- 10 x Lilypad white LED
- LilyPad Accelerometer
- Fabric glue (optional)
- Black puffy fabric paint
- Sew-on snaps
- Embroidery hoop (optional)
- Opaque galaxy scarf (or sew one)
- Sheer galaxy scarf (or sew one)
- Tailor's chalk (optional, I used white eyeliner)
- Following the diagram sketch your circuit on the opaque fabric based on the diagram
- Sew snaps on the sheer and opaque scarf so it doesn't interfere with your diagram and so you can attach the layers
- Remove the sheer layer and sew on the electronics. You'll want to keep the non-LED electronics on the inside so they aren't visible and the LEDs on the outside part so they can shine through the sheer layer. For this step use the embroidery hoop to keep the fabric taut while you sew and the fabric glue to hold any knots that slip through.
- Cover all exposed conductive thread with fabric paint to prevent shorting.
- Upload the provided source code to the LilyPad.
- Attach the sheer layer and rock it.