Fagelmatare Embedded Application
An embedded project created to learn Linux and C. Feeds and records birds using a PIR sensor. This is version 2 of this project, take a look at legacy branch to see the original project.
Copyright (C) 2016-2017 Linus Styrén email@example.com
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
The following hardware is required to use this software:
- 3 Raspberry Pis (Can be any version of RPi, but for best results use a RPi2 or RPi3 as the database and web server and one as the master)
My configuration is:
- RPi 3 for database
- RPi 2 as master
- RPi 0 as slave
- A decently powerful linux server used to transcode the video streamed from the RPi 2 if you want to run this 24/7
The linux server is only necessary if you wish to stream to an online service such as ustream.tv
- RPi SenseHat
- RPi Camera Module
- USB Microphone For best results use a Omni microphone such as this [https://www.amazon.com/CAD-Audio-U9-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B004P1BQG2](U9 Mini Microphone)
- A waterproof temperature sensor I use a DS18B20 and built a voltage divider to measure the resistance and calculate the temperature
- Wires, components, breadboards and such that will be necessary to connect everything
In the future an SD card image will be available to download
To build the software yourself, see INSTALL.md.