Networking and Backend Systems
Become a fullstack mobile developer by learning how to use and build web APIs, as well as to design, build, and deploy web API services with Python and Flask, a minimalist web application framework.
We will learn about networking in iOS, explore how to make network requests and build a web API.
- Networking - Getting data from the internet.
- JSON Parsing/Modeling.
- Consuming data from an API.
- Build a simple backend for your iOS app with Python & Flask.
Students should be able to:
- Construct a simple backend server in Python and Flask using RESTful architecture.
- Effectively make use of industry-standard software packages and libraries to make HTTP requests and serialize/deserialize JSON as needed.
- Assess the quality of their code using the “red, green, refactor” method for Test-Driven-Development (TDD).
- Design and implement a RESTful backend architecture.
1. Product Hunt API 2. Travel App - Backend and Frontend 3. Custom Project - Backend - Frontend
To pass the course, students will have:
1. Completed all challenges.