Women Made It
Awesome tools, books, podcasts, and blogs made by women. Let's support great makers in the design & development community.
Table of Content
- unDraw — open-source svg illustrations for every project you can imagine and create. Constantly updated and completely free. Made by Katerina Limpitsouni.
- Flawless Feedback — tool to leave feedback on iOS apps. Review and annotate the live app. Share your feedback with developers directly to Jira or Trello. Made by Lisa Dziuba.
- Readymag — with Readymag you can create any kind of web publications using only one tool: website, portfolio, presentation, magazines. Made by Diana Novichikhina.
- Nucleo — a beautiful library of 26831 icons, and a powerful application to collect, customize and export all your icons. Made by Claudia Romano.
- Absurd.Design — free surrealist illustrations for landing pages, apps, and presentations. Updated and completely free. Made by Diana Valeanu.
- Fluid for Sketch — Fluid is a Sketch plugin that provides a means to create more constraint-based, responsive designs. It is based on Auto Layout constraints. It's not activelly supported now (while some functionality of this plugin may continue to work for the forseeable future, there is no guarantee that it will survive any breaking changes made by the Sketch team). Made by Cat Noone & Matt Curtis.
- Stark — plugin to help you design & build products that are accessible, ethical, and inclusive. Made by Cat Noone.
- 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People. A light overview of neuroscience and behavioral psychology from a designer’s perspective. The book is divided into short chapters about how people see, read, remember, think, feel and form mental models. It contains practical advice on using these 100 principles in your designs. Made by Susan Weinschenk.
- Hello World: Where Design Meets Life. This book explores design's influence on our lives. It describes how warlords, scientists, farmers, hackers, activists and designers have used design to different ends throughout history: from the macabre symbol invented by 18th-century pirates to the evolution of the World Cup ball. Made by Alice Rawsthorn.
- How to think like a great graphic designer. Take a peek inside the heads of some of the world’s greatest living graphic designers. How do they think, how do they connect to others, what special skills do they have? Written by Debbie Millman.
- Badass: Making Users Awesome. Kathy Sierra explains user-centered design in an unconventional and compelling manner. The book explains detail why even good products and/or services can fail in the marketplace, and the steps taken to correct this. The pictures and examples make it easy and enjoyable to read. Made by Kathy Sierra
- Design Systems: A practical guide to creating design languages for digital products. Design systems are evolving rapidly. With a real-life experience, Alla Kholmatova shows how to create effective, enduring design systems. The book will help you figure out the right strategy for establishing and evolving a design system in your organization. Made by Alla Kholmatova.
- Design Matters. The world’s first podcast about design and an inquiry into the broader world of creative culture through wide-ranging conversations with designers, writers, artists, curators, musicians. Made by Debbie Millman.
- Dirty Old Ladies. Podcast about creating comics, hosted by three comic professionals, two of which make erotic content – listener discretion advised (or at least wear headphones). Updates every Monday. Made by Amanda Lafrenais, C. Spike Trotman, Kel McDonald
- Creative Playdate. Creative Playdate is dedicated to bringing you stories from people navigating the world of parenthood while maintaining their own creative business. Made by Michelle Kondrich.
- Flawless App Stories — community around mobile design, iOS development and mobile marketing. Run by Valia Havruliyk.
- Design + Sketch — great collection of stories & tutorials on designing and prototyping with Sketch and beyond. Run by Galya Ilieva.
- The Year of the Looking Glass — a collection of essays by Julie Zhuo on design, building products, and observing life. Julie is Facebook Product design VP.
- Joanna Ngai Medium — Joanna is UX Designer at Microsoft, sharing learnings around UX & UI design, public speaking, design process and diversity.
- Women Who Design — a Twitter directory of accomplished women in the design industry. It aims to help people find notable and relevant voices to follow on Twitter by parsing Twitter bios for popular keywords.
This repo was created by @LisaDziuba and @Valianka. Website was designed and developed by @berezovskycom.