lively.installer can install and update all packages of lively.next on your local computer.
Right now it is tested with Mac OS and Linux, there are no conceptual issues for why it wouldn't work on Windows but we might have left a few of the wrong slashes around. If you want to make the installer working for Windows you get a cookie!!
- MacOS or Linux
- node.js version 7 or newer
Initial install from command line
- In a terminal create an empty directory:
mkdir lively.next; cd lively.next
- Now run
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LivelyKernel/lively.installer/master/web-install.sh | bash
- After the installation is done (can take a few minutes) enter
./start.shand press enter, a Lively server will start.
- Visit http://localhost:9011/index.html to open a Lively world. Initial load might take a while.
Update from command line
Similar to the above,
- Change into your live dev directory:
$ cd lively.next