Telegram Text Extractor
A tool to extract raw chatlog text from Telegram JSON exports.
You need Python 3 to run this tool.
- Export your data from Telegram. This can be done in the desktop app via Settings → Advanced → Export Telegram Data. There you can choose whether to only export private chats, or group chats, or both. Remember to disable picture export; that'll just waste time since we're not interested in pictures at all.
- Go to the folder containing the exported data and locate the
result.jsonfile. Copy that file into the same folder as the Python script.
- Launch the script:
- Enter the name of the contact or group you wish to extract. All available choices are listed to you.
- Now enter the name of the person whose messages you'd like to extract. If you want to extract the messages of all conversational partners, just leave this one empty.
- Your results have been written to
output.txt. Have fun!