Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How to get API keys for use with a locker
You'll need to request API keys from each service you'll be connecting to your locker. The exact procedure varies for each one, but they do provide instructions on their sites.
Copy Config/apikeys.json.example to Config/apikeys.json and edit it.
Google Contacts, Latitude
- Obtain API key at: https://code.google.com/apis/console/
- Click "Services" on the left hand nav and turn on the appropriate services
- Click "API Access" on the left hand nav
- Click "Generate an OAuth Key" in the middle of the page
- For Google Contacts, use Simple API Access, see http://code.google.com/apis/contacts/docs/3.0/developers_guide.html#Auth
- Use callback URL:
- gcontacts: http://localhost:8042/auth/gcontacts/auth
- glatitude: http://localhost:8042/auth/glatitude/auth
- Obtain API key at: https://github.com/settings/applications/new
- Use callback URL: http://localhost:8042/auth/github/auth
- Obtain API key at: http://dev.twitter.com/apps/new
- Use callback URL: http://localhost:8042/auth/twitter/auth
- 2011-09: It seems Twitter is not allowing "localhost" in the callback URL anymore. You can use 127.0.0.1 instead.
- Obtain API key at: http://www.facebook.com/developers/createapp.php
- Use callback URL: http://localhost:8042/auth/facebook/auth
- Obtain API key at: https://foursquare.com/oauth/register
- Use callback URL: http://localhost:8042/auth/foursquare/auth
- Obtain API key at: http://www.flickr.com/services/apps/create/apply/?
- Use callback URL: http://localhost:8042/auth/flickr/auth
- Obtain API key at: http://instagr.am/developer/register/
- Use callback URL: http://localhost:8042/auth/instagram/auth
- Log into LinkedIn, then visit: https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer
- Click on "Add new Application"
- Use callback URL: http://localhost:8042/auth/linkedin/auth (or for Singly integral, https://me.lvh.me:8443/auth/linkedin/auth)