- "Text" brush primitive
- Option to disable/change the double-click behaviour in the 3D view
- Hotkeys to rotate selection by 90 degrees (N and M by default)
- Texture browser: when starting to type after opening, erase what's currently in the search box
- Autosave option to do the equivalent of ctrl+s instead of saving a new backup file
- Cancel free-look mode when switching between tools
- Option to not open the object properties window when tying to entity
- Always show the 2D brush dimensions in a visible location
- Hide yellow outline and texture axes when "hide mask" is enabled
- Hotkey for "create new visgroup"
- Easily accessable "new visgroup" button
- "Visible objects only" checkbox in the check for problems dialog
- When opening a .map file, entity flags are not loaded
- When saving a .vmf file, some worldspawn properties like "skybox texture" are not saved
- WASD and other hotkeys being recognised when the main window is out of focus
- Browsing for sounds uses this format: "sounds/blah/something.wav" when it should be "blah/something.wav"
- Change the precision of the texture shift/scale values for Goldsource maps to 2 decimal places
- Change the behaviour of texture lock when resizing objects to be more consistent with VHE
- Invalid key/values message appearing in the check for problems dialog when opening files with point entities
- When using older compile tools (e.g. ZHLT), certain entities do not work as expected due to empty values not being trimmed when saving to .map
- Pressing enter in the selection tool with no box drawn causes an error
- "Show 2D Grid" option being ignored in the display list renderer
- Change the drag snap point to use the origin of selected entities, and render the snap point in the 2D views
- When renaming a map or switching between tabs, the title bar is not updated with the new map name
- Align to world/face sometimes applying the texture backwards
- "Paste special" is not retaining texture alignment correctly
- Hidden sidebar not restoring properly when unhidden after resizing/reloading the main window
- When free-looking, opening another dialog or tool window makes the cursor disappear
- General lagginess and slowness when using the VM tool for more complex objects
- RMF: group visibility is not saved across save/load
- RMF: group ID 0 was being created, causing the RMF format to ignore that group
- "Missing" textures cannot be selected for replace and mark
- The sphere brush tool creates invalid solids when "round created vertices" is enabled
- Texture tool can select hidden faces via the texture browser
- VHE4 shading in the 3D view is easier to see
- Shift-cloning objects in a group is moving the grouped object instead of moving the clone
- VMF: limit the length of key/values to 1024 bytes to avoid crashing VHE4 when it tries to open a saved file
- When pasting a group, the selection box behaves strangely
- It's easy to get two instances of the object properties dialog showing
- Hidden visgroup loads incorrectly after saving and re-opening (unable to unhide)
- VM Scaling mode: center of scale should be centered on selected vertices
- VM Scaling mode creating lots of invalid solids
- When box-selecting in the VM tool, midpoint vertices should not be selectable (replicate VHE behaviour)
- No help text on the camera tool explaining that the tab key cycles between cameras
- When grouping, the child colours do not change in 2D/3D views (check what VHE does after ungrouping)
UI change: Dynamic sidebar
- Added dynamic sidebar panels
- Added texture power tools sidebar panel (randomise shift values, tiling fit). Fixes #8, fixes #9.
- Brush selection panel now only appears when the brush tool is open
- Entity selection panel now only appears when the entity tool is open
- The VM tool window has been moved into the sidebar
- Added sidebar panel for the selection tool
- "Tie to Entity" and "Move to World" buttons moved to the selection tool panel
- Added contextual help sidebar panel
- Fix favourite textures so they work again
- Focus the close button on load in the check for problems dialog
- Fix the blacklist and the whitelist so they save and load correctly
- Select all the text in the numeric controls when tabbing through the texture application form
- Optimisations related to models and textures
- Fix an issue causing a lot of invalid solids when opening OBJ files
- Added error handling when trying to load invalid WAD files
- Added support for a texture blacklist (exclude/ignore certain texture packages)
- Added support for a texture whitelist (only load specified texture packages, ignore all others)
- Added support for VPK packages
- Added support for VMT/VTF textures
- Textures are now loaded from the game files (they don't need to be added one-by-one)
- Additional WADs can be added from the "Additional Texture Packages" section in the settings
- Sprites, models and textures can now be automatically loaded from FGD and compile tool folders
- Added a file browser in the object properties dialog for "sound" keyvalues
- Added a texture browser for sprite and decal types in the object properties dialog
- Added support for dragging-and-dropping files from Windows
- Added support for rendering sprite scale in the 3D view
- Added right-click class selector menu to the entity tool
- Add shift+arrow keys to move around the 3D view
- Added skip selection/visibility and stack size undo stack settings
- Added setting to change the size of the undo stack
- Added setting to fast-forward selection-related actions when performing undo/redo
- Add more detailed error reporting (line/char numbers) to the FGD provider
- Actions that don't modify state don't mark the map as changed
- Added an option to the Tetrahedron brush to place the top vertex at the centroid of the base
- Put up/downs next to all the 3D setting sliders for more precise input
- Implemented mouse invert settings in the 3D view
- Replaced HLLib file loaders (PAK, WAD, VPK) with native .NET implementations (for greater portability)
- Added some additional compile options (individual tools can be turned off)
- Allow support for multiple keys with the same name in the object properties dialog
- Added support for Quake-style MAP format (as generated by WinBSPc)
- Update bounding boxes, decals, sprites, and models correctly for entities when changing class
- Various fixes related to parenting and modifying objects
- Various fixes related to undo/redo not working as expected
- Zero value keys in transform dialog reset values to 1 if in scale mode
- Fix silly file associations to use the normal method
- Make the filter on the texture browser save the typed text properly
- Make "apply with values" right-click texture application work correctly when no faces are selected
- Various optimisations and bug fixes when loading MAP and VMF files
- Don't display an infinite clipping plane in the clip tool
- Made sprite files open without permission errors
- Fix multiple issues related to undoing, clipping, moving, and various other important things
- Fixed transparency on the display list renderer
- Removed immediate mode renderer (use display list instead)
- Connect the close button on the entity report dialog
- Render sprites in the 3D view. Fixes #106.
- Basic .obj format support
- Render vertices in the 2D views. Fixes #169.
- Implemented the "select" button in the texture browser. Fixes #115.
- Option to use Sledge as a single instance application (on by default)
- Windows file associations and jump list support
- Sprite browser for the object properties dialog
- Added support for the new SteamPipe downloads and addon folders. Fixes #171.
- Add support for HD models (can be toggled in the game settings)
- Change the default format of screenshots depending on what viewport type is active. Fixes #165.
Bug fixes / other
- Fix texture axes becoming corrupt when copying brushes. Fixes #93, fixes #133.
- Change bevel to behave like null instead of like aaatrigger
- Closing the VM tool window switches back to the selection tool
- Remove duplicate Ctrl+H hotkey binding
- Add grid colour preset buttons. Fixes #167.
- Make the entity bounding box align properly with the model. Fixes #168.
- Only select vertices for a single solid when clicking in the 2D view with the select tool. Fixes #145.
- Disabling the nudge setting now actually disables nudging
- Minor teak to get invalid solid checking more reliable
- Optimisations for selection and manipulation operations for large maps
- Made box size font a bit smaller
Bugfix release for 0.1.0.21
Fixed infinite loop when deleting groups/entities
Added detection and forced override for resizing of non power of two textures
Change the WAD cache separator char and add error handling when parsing the texture cache
Optimised icon file sizes
- New Arch brush feature: smooth ramps
- Added experimental 3D rotation widget (currently only available during rotation mode)
- Render entity text in the 2D views (when zoom level >= 1)
- Support for multiple viewport windows (multi-monitor support)
- Viewport window grid layout editor
- Add feature to capture a screenshot of a viewport. Fixes #149, fixes #97.
- Added favourite textures in the texture browser. Fixes #14.
- Entity angles are now shown in 2D viewports (when zoom level >= 0.5)
- Null textures are not tested during selection when they are hidden. Fixes #147.
- Set the bounding box of model entities to the size of their display model. Fixes #148.
- Clip tool now cycles between which side of the clip to keep. Fixes #48.
- VM tool now cycles between which types of points to show. Fixes #128.
- Double-clicking a texture in the texture application form will apply it
- Added a setting for rendering the selection box with dashed lines
- Added a setting for requiring a mouse click to move the camera when space is down
- Allow for decimal precision in numeric brush script controls. Fixes #127.
- Add an option to allow users to toggle rounding of created brush vertices. Fixes #131.
- Add missing hotkeys for carve and hollow. Fixes #132.
- Added axis text to the 2D viewport labels
- New 16px icon set
- Lots of other minor features
- Fixed a text rendering crash on older graphics cards
- Fix for rendering issues on old ATI cards
- Make "center views on selection" work when nothing is selected. Fixes #134.
- Update the merging and vertex grouping logic in the VM tool. Fixes #139, fixes #140.
- Ignore clicking in the 3D view when space is held down to control the camera. Fixes #135.
- Fix error in the grouping actions. Fixes #130.
- Fix several issues on the texture application form.
- 3D camera can now be moved up/down using Q/E keys.
- Arrow keys can now be used to move the viewport camera in the 2D views
- Lots of small performance optimisations
- Draw selection box size in the 2D viewports. Resolves #120.
- Only open the properties window on double click in the 3D view. Fixes #109.
- Add nice update notification dialog to display release notes
- Add transform as a menu item in the viewport right client menu. Resolves #111.
- Holding down control moves all points of the clip tool. Resolves #107.
- Update the box coordinates in the status bar when transforming. Fixes #119.
- Fix issue where models would not render due to flexible casing and type in the FGD format.
- Make sure the brush controls are displayed in the correct order. Fixes #125.
- Sort the entity flags when reading them to apply, stops the flags from being swapped randomly
- Don't mess with texture settings when rendering the entity tool. Fixes #102.
- Ctrl+click in the 3D view of the VM tool can deselect solids. Fixes #122.
- Don't select extra vertices in the VM tool unless the mouse is clicked. Fixes #108.
- Hold control to scale proportionally in the box tools. Resolves #123.
- Implement 3D movement settings. Fixes #116.
- Keep the recent texture list in sync between the texture tool and the sidebar panel. Fixes #101.
- Tweak the tolerance value for invalid solids to match Hammer's behaviour. Fixes #114, also hopefully fixes #68 as well.
- Add setting to change the mouse wheel move distance in the 3D view